Chapter twelve: Trying to avoid...

I wiped the tear off my cheek and changed my position, letting my knees rest onto the ground. My hands were shaking while searching the cold floor, looking for my sunglasses and cane. I heard the door opening once more. Are they back? No right?

???: "Y/N?"

You: "Evelyn?"

I didn't recognize her voice immediately since we haven't known each other that long. We're in the same class sometimes.

Evelyn: "It's me. What happened? Are you alright?"

You: "I fell, tripped over my own feet for some reason. I'm so clumsy sometimes."

Evelyn: "Wait, let me help you getting up."

I felt guilty for lying to her, but I couldn't tell what really had happened. I felt ashamed... Evelyn grabbed my upper arm softly, helping me back on my feet.

Evelyn: "I'll get your stuff from the ground."

You: "Thank you."

She gave me my belongings back. First, I put my sunglasses on, feeling relieved that my eyes are covered again. Then she gave me my cane back.

Evelyn: "Are you sure that you're fine? Your cheek is red."

You: "I'm fine, I must have hit something when I fell."

Evelyn: "Wait a minute for me, so we can go back to class together."

You: "Sure..."

Time skip, after class

I'm standing at my locker, waiting for Aisha and Onda to arrive. I can't wait to go home. I want to get out of here as fast as I can.

Aisha: "We're here!"

You: "Good, let's go home."

Onda: "Should we hang out at you place Y/N? We can make our homework together."

You: "Can we hang out another time? I'm actually really tired. I'm going to take a nap when I get home."

Onda: "Sure, no problem."

+

I just got home, heading straight to the couch. I laid down on it. The words those girls said kept repeating inside my head. I could feel her hand against my cheek over and over. So harsh and cold... Why are they so obsesses with those girls? I barely talked to to any of them, except for Taehyung. I only talking to them, nothing else. But I've made up my mind, I'll keep my distance just as they asked me to do. That girl slapped me and pushed me onto the ground. All I feel was shame ever since it happened, all because I couldn't defend myself against it. My phone suddenly started buzzing. When the caller's names was announced I froze. It's Taehyung... I didn't move, letting my phone ring until the room went silent again.

Time skip, the next day

Onda: "The sun is shining bright once more today. I love it!"

Aisha: "It's fine, but I can't wait for winter to arrive. I like playing with the snow way more."

Onda: "What do you like the most Y/N? The sun or snow?"

Aisha: "Y/N?"

You: "Yes? I'm sorry what did you say?"