Chapter six: The piano club

Time skip, after school

You: "Thanks again for dropping me off at my piano class."

Yiren: "We have practice anyway, so we're not in a rush to get home."

Yiren and onda promised me at lunch to guide me to the piano room, where my club takes place. They both have cheerleading practice right now. I know Onda always has practice on Thursday and Saturday, that hasn't changed this year. The piano club only meets on Thursday. 

Onda:" I think it's right here."

+

Yiren: "Wauw! This class is huge, I've never been here before."

Onda: "Same here, that piano is massive. It takes up half the stage."

You: "Who's here already?"

Yiren: "Only the teacher and one other student. We're a bit early."

I asked them to guide me towards the teacher, which they did. I asked her if I could just listen for the first time without playing. My plan is to try out a piece after this class when no one is around. I'm a bit rusty after not practicing a lot. And my little keyboard at home compared to this piano is nothing, so that's why I want to try it out on my own first. Besides I'm also a little bit insecure to play in front of anyone when I'm doubting my own skills at the moment. I don't want to make a mistake... Yiren and Onda guided me towards a seat after the conversation with the teacher, then they left me there since they had practice themselves. Soon after the first class started. The teacher gave a short introduction and welcomed us all. She played a few songs for us that we will learn soon. I need to admit that she's pretty good. This first lesson is apparently to check out how good everyone can play.

Teacher: "And the last person that will play a piece for us is Yoongi."

That's the last student for today. That means that we are with seven students in this club, including me. Everyone had an average level so far, nothing special stood out for me. My thoughts were interrupted when I suddenly heard some beautiful notes. That guy started off really great. I didn't recognize the piece. Maybe he composed it himself? It's breathtaking... I was lost in my thoughts again that I got startled when everyone clapped for him. With a smile on my face, I joined the others with a loud applause.

Teacher: "Thank you Yoongi for this amazing piece! This was the end of our first club meeting. We'll see each other next week."

Yoongi's pov

I entered the piano class just in time. I'm in this club since last year, even though I don't have to take it. I take private lessons in my free time. This club is more for fun. I got surprised by the fact that Y/N was sitting at the front row. I took place two rows behind her. I've been observing her from a distance ever I had a conversation about her with my friends at lunch. So far, I've only seen her in the cafeteria and at the hallway. The class started shortly after I entered. Everyone played a song they're good at. The teacher just announced that it was my turn to play. I would be the last person for today, which means that Y/N won't perform. I stood up, making my way forward to the small stage and took a seat. I started playing a song that I composed myself. While playing I sometimes took a quick glance at Y/N. She was clearly enjoying the music. Her head slowly nodded on the melody. My song came to an end unfortunately. I stood up and bowed out of appreciation because everyone was clapping loudly for me. Even Y/N, with a bright smile on her face. I went back to my seat and gathered my belongings together after the teacher announced that the first club meeting was over. I saw that the teacher walked over to Y/N. I don't know why but before I knew it, I was eavesdropping on their conversation. I just couldn't help myself.