Let Me Be Your Shelter

A short A/N:   I hope you are enjoying my story . Anyways, what I was going to say is that this chapter will be a little bit longer then the previous ones because it's where romance is starting to build up (no smut) so I hope you won't mind.

Bucky's POV:

When I saw Y/N on my doorstep in Bucharest I was so scared. I recognized her immediately and thought that she came to take revenge. I wouldn't blame her to be honest...I mean I did attack her and I would totally understand if she wanted to kill me. But she didn't. She said she wanted to save me. I couldn't believe that someone like her would take interest in me but she did. She did full research on me and my past and she somehow understood me. I was so intense but she set my mind at ease. In just a few moments I trusted her as much as  I never trusted anyone in my life before.  She was special and I could see her intentions were pure but I can't  say I felt the same about Tony and Steve. When we came to the Avengers tower  I stayed with her in her room and although Tony and Steve weren't happy with that idea she assured them that she will be fine and that she trust me completely. 

" Thank you...", I said smiling at her.

"For what?", she asked looking at me surprised.

"For what...." ,I chuckled, "Um...I don't know for like...saving my life and sticking up for me in front of your friends." , I said laughing a little. I could see my laugh surprised her and to be honest it surprised me to. I didn't laugh for a long time but just spending time with Y/N made me happy and I just couldn't help myself. She made me feel something I never felt before.

"Of course... you deserve this, James. ", she said.

" You know...If we are going to be friends now you can call me Bucky...", I said brushing my fingers trough my hair and blushing a little once when I realized how weird that sounded, "I mean... I...If you want to of course...It's just a nickname my friends used to call me back in the 1940s." ,I said trying to save myself and her from this weird situation I put us in. She just chuckled.

"Good night, Bucky..." , she said still chuckling as she turned off the lights.

"Night, Y/N...", I said as I drifted in sleep.  

Y/N POV: 

I was already deep in sleep when I heard Bucky shifting in his bed muttering something. I turned around to face him  and I could see that he was still sleeping and probably having a nightmare so I decided to wake him up slowly.

"Bucky...",I whispered trying to wake him up but it didn't work.

"Bucky!", I said a little bit louder.  He woke up in a panic, not realizing where he was, he squeezed my hand with his human hand preparing to hit me with his metal one. 

"Bucky, STOP! It's me... It's Y/N..." ,I yelled to make him realize where he is and what he was doing.

"Y/N?! Oh my god, I'm so sorry...I...I didn't realize.....I....I didn't mean to...It was a nightmare a-and I... ", he panicked and I could see fear and regret in his eyes as his breathing become slower.

"It's ok, Bucky, I understand , wanna talk about it?", I asked holding my hand on his shoulder looking in his blue eyes that were full of regret.

"I mean...no, not really...i-it was just some things from HYDRA a-and I just..." ,he started talking.

"Wait, shhh..." ,I cut him off as I heard  steps approaching, "... we got company." ,I said seeing him tensing up.

"It's OK, Buck , I got your back..." ,I said giving him a small smile.  

I heard knock on my door before Steve walked in. He heard a noise and got worried so he came up to check if everything was alright and as much I was kind of annoyed with that I was happy that it was him and not Tony because he would be so much harder to convince that everything is ok.