Chapter 9 • Feelings

After 4 weeks,

"Why aren't you eating something Draupadi?" Subhadra asked.
Draupadi was feeling the cool breeze of the night. She did not say anything.
"You are becoming weaker day by day, Drau. Please eat something. I insist!" She said again. Draupadi still remained quiet.
After a moment of silence,
"I don't want to Subhadra" She murmured softly and wiped her tears.

"Are you still missing Rajkumar Arjun?" She asked, softly. Draupadi smiled calmly hearing his name. She didn't turn back.
"He remains in my heart only Subhadra!" She responded.
"Draupadi..." Subhadra continued.
"I would be departing in a few days, I can't see you broken like this. Stay strong, the news is not confirmed yet!" She said sadly.
"You can go Subhadra."
"Anyways, I will manage myself"
Subhadra didn't say anything, she just nodded and went to her room.

Draupadi turned back. Her eyes were moist. Her face had become pale. That glorious look of her was no more, since she got the worst news, she was just broken.
"I can't believe this, Arjun. I literally can't." She said, surfing her fingers through the Arjun's portrait which she had made.
"You are alive somewhere in this world!" She exclaimed.
"Somewhere..." She whispered.
"A warrior like you cannot be-" She stopped, as she can't say the word.
She still accept the fact that Arjun along with his four brothers and his mother were killed in Lakshagriha.
She sat on her couch. Tears were flowing continuosly from her eyes.
"I love you Arjun!" She whispered, sobbing.
"And I accept it, you have won my heart...
Please show yourself, prove that you are alive somewhere in this world. Please.." She said, weeping.

Draupadi opened her eyes and looked outside of her window. It was night and the moon was shining up in the sky.
"I will find you.." She whispered.
"I will! This is my final decision!" She said to herself. She was adamant.
"I will set out tomorrow to find you Arjun" She said.
"But will I be able to?" She questioned herself.

***

"Bhratashree, take this!" A man said throwing an apple towards him.
"Caught it!" The another one said.
"You have a good catching skills along with eating skills, bhrata..." He said, smiling naughtily.
"Huh! Wait, now it's time for you to catch!"

"Stop it Bhrata Bhim and Nakul!" A voice said playfully from their back, laughing.

"Bhrata Arjun! Tell this man to stop this!" Nakul said, turning towards another side

"Hah! What have I done?"
"Ok ok fine, now stop it!" Arjun said smiling.
"Did you collect the fruits?" He asked.
Both of them nodded.
"The water and the leaves is also here!" Two voices more said. They were none other than Yudhishthir and Sahadev.

"Mata must be waiting for us!" Sahadev said.
All of them nodded and went to their hut at the middle of the forest.

"Bhratashree.." Nakul asked.
Arjun looked towards him.
"Do you still miss Draupadi, the princess of Panchal? I guess, she must be very sad after the news"
Hearing this, Arjun's smile went away. He put his hand on his shoulders.
"She must be convinced, Nakul. And moved on with her own life.." He said.
"But don't you ever feel to meet her? Talk with her and show her that you are alive?"
"If God wants her to know that I am alive, then she will surely know!" He said.
Nakul looked down and quietly went away.