Chapter 4 • Will this lead to love?

As Arjun came down from the stage, he went to his Mata, Kunti. He bowed down and touched her feet, to take her blessings.
"Ayushmaan Bhava!" She said keeping her hand on his head.
"You really made us proud today, putr!" She said further putting her hand on his cheeks.
"It's because of your blessings, Mata.." He said, smiling.
"Bhratashree! You rocked it!" Nakul & Sahadev said hopping up and down.
"Yeah, really Arjun!" Yudhisthir & Bheem said. Arjun smiled and touched their feet.

"Well done putra Arjun!" Drupad said when Arjun went to him. Arjun smiled.
"Putra! I have a proposal for you! As I have decided something.." He said.
Arjun nodded, "You can tell me Maharaj! It will surely be fine for me." He said.
Drupad smiled and nodded.

"Arjun! Come and sit here!" He said, taking him to his room and giving him a seat.
After Arjun sat comfortably, Drupad continued.
"Putra Arjun! Umm...As you know my daughter Draupadi, isn't it?" He said.
Arjun changed his smiling face to a neutral one. He didn't expect, that he will be talking about her. And now he was little scared as he thought maybe Draupadi had said him all about how he is teasing her all the time and also about yesterday night's incident.

Arjun gulped, but he didn't knew why Drupad was smiling calmly..
"Putra..I just want you to teach my Daughter, the knowledge of Veena as well as Dhanurvidya!" He said quickly.
Arjun coughed after hearing Drupad's words.

"That girl? I mean..I mean to say that to teach Rajkumari, Veena and archery?" Arjun stammered.
"Yes...But if you don't want to, it's fine! I'm not forcing you..But as you know, my daughter loves archery, but doesn't know anything about the Veena, so.." He said slowly.

Arjun thought for a while. There was a complete pin-drop silence in the room.
"Actually, Maharaj...I need some time.." Arjun said looking at him.
"Yes yes sure putra, take your time, if you want you can also stay for some days in our palace. If your lessons are done you can go back to Hastinapur." He said.
Arjun nodded and left the room, quickly.

Draupadi was sitting in her room.
Her face was showing that she was thinking something.
The Veena's sound played by Arjun was still ringing in her ears. She felt that this was the most melodious tune she had ever heard in her life.
Suddenly Subhadra entered her room, excited.
"Drau, Drau! Where are you?" She said excitedly.
"Right here, Subhi. What happened?" She said calmly.
"You know what, you know what!!!" She said loudly, jumping with joy.
"What is it?" Draupadi said, sensing her excitement.

"Bhratashree is coming to visit us
tomorrow!" She said jumping.
"Govind?" Draupadi whispered.
"Isn't it soo nice?" She said.
"It's great Subhi!" Draupadi said happily.
"At least I am going to have someone to share my deeper & deeper thoughts!" She mumbled.

"When is he coming?" She asked quickly.
"Tomorrow at late morning! And I got this news from Bua." She said.
Draupadi smiled widely and Subhadra too.
Krishna was always the favourite person of the both.

Draupadi had met Krishna when her father had organised a party when she emerged from the holy yagna.
She and Krishna became quick friends and Draupadi always used to go to Krishna to get some solutions of her problems.
She used to call her Govind affectionately.

But on the other side, our Arjun was getting impatient, for what to do.
"Both Father & Daughter are behind me! Here father wants me to stay and on the other side his daughter wants me to go away as soon as possible. What a duo!" He said to himself walking to & fro in the garden.
"Rajkumar Arjun!" A female voice came from the back.
Arjun turned back and found Subhadra standing there.
"Rajkumari Subhadra?" He said.
"Rajkumar, I think you need to go to Draupadi as I think she wants to see you.." She said.
"Draupadi, wants to see me?" Arjun said, surprised.
"Maybe she wants to appreciate you.." She said further.
"Appreciate? Me? She?" Arjun was still surprised.
"Please Rajkumar! Go to her." She exclaimed.