Chapter 1 • The Rude Stranger

The sun was high up in the sky. Clouds were hovering in the sky. In the forest, the birds were flying & chirping freely here and there. The trees were joining their melodies by rustling their leaves. The kingdom of Panchal was visible at a distance. It was a peaceful atmosphere.
When, suddenly the ground began to shake.
The birds flew away from their respective trees, up in the high sky.
Faint sounds of the horses & the soldiers were coming from the distance.
Out of which, one horse was coming as fast as it could, more deeper and deeper into the forest. It was behind a wild pig.

The rider of the horse was as beautiful as the fire & her bravery was clearly visible on her face. Her lotus-shaped eyes were shining with high attitude. She was riding the horse in one hand and holding her bow on the other hand.
As the pig, stopped at a distance,
She took an arrow from her back, fixed it into her bow and aimed it towards her prey.
She closed one of her eyes to aim it and pulled the string of her bow.

She waited for some time, for the pig to relax. As soon as it settled under a tree, tired.
The girl, getting a good opportunity, left the arrow from the bow and it went with full speed and pierced the stomach of the pig and it lay dead over there.

She looked at the beast with full attitude in her eyes and came down from her horse. A long black hair covered her back part and her dark skin glowed in the rays of the sun. She was feeling proud of herself.

"Rajkumari Draupadi! You here?" One soldier called her out from the back.
She turned towards him and nodded.
"You probably need to go to the palace as soon as possible, Rajkumari! Your Pitashree is looking for you! We haven't informed him that-" He stopped as Draupadi raised her hand.
She looked towards the soldier, raising her eyebrows. "Soldier, have you forgotten that I am a fire-born princess? Don't you know that my Pitashree knows the heat of this heart? Don't you know?" She said loudly.
The soldier nodded yes.
"Then? What's the question? Go to the palace and immediately tell him that I will be back before dawn!" She said, climbed her horse & pulled the horse's rope, ready to depart!

"Rajkumari! Please don't go! There are dangerous animals in the forest" The Soldier shouted.
Draupadi ignored his warning and galloped on her own way, deeper into the forest, leaving the soldier far behind.
The soldier went towards the palace as fast as he could, to tell Maharaj Drupad about her.

Draupadi was galloping, now slower, deeper and deeper into the forest, rather she was enjoying the melody of the birds & the cool breeze flowing.
She sensed that her horse wanted some rest.
"Don't worry, priye! We will be resting at a peaceful place!" She said smiling, messaging it's neck. The horse neighed.

She searched for a nice place to relax,
After searching for a while,
She stopped beside a river,
"Wow! This place is really amazing!" She said to herself as she got down from the horse. She tied her horse to the bark of the tree & went near the river, to quench her thirst. She sensed some movements, but ignored it.