𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

"Ugh

"Ugh..." I said to myself, rubbing my eyes. I looked out the window and up at the moon, to gauge what time it could possibly be.

The fucking moon...still so high up there...why can't it just be morning...

Tossing and turning in my sleep was a usual thing for me, especially the nights I wasn't on a mission. My body hurt from being knocked around while fighting demons, and I was plagued by horrible nightmares of my past.

Just like every other Hashira here, I have some horrendous sob story about how my family died at the hands of a demon, sending me into a downward spiral, causing me to end up as a pillar, fueled by hate.

Through vigorous training and a lot of bloodshed, I have grown to be the strongest I've ever been in my life, mentally and physically. Having proper training by a former Shinobi exponentially furthered my skills, honing them in ways I never thought were imaginable. Uzui Tengen taught me martial arts, flexibility, perfect swordsmanship, and the ability to withstand small amounts of poison, all things I am forever grateful for.

Breath of Shadow is a difficult one to full master, since shadows are intangible, just like Thunder, Sound, Love and Wind.

I originally became Shinazugawa's Tsugoku, but the utter hate between the two of us caused us to be a horrible match, so I switched to Tengen, and to this day, that hatred is still there.

Sanemi is one of the strongest Hashira here, I'll give him that, but his utter lack of respect and care for his life or those around him sicken me, especially his relationship with his brother.

I would do anything to have my brother here today, alive and well, trying to prove himself like Genya does, but Sanemi does nothing but treat him like shit and push him away. I couldn't stand to watch. That's probably the thing I hate about Sanemi the most, regardless of his true intentions behind all of it.

Other than him, I get along with everyone else just fine. I'd say I'm most like Giyuu. I keep quiet and respect everyone here more than I do myself (except for Sanemi). I feel like I'm the only one Giyuu can tolerate, since I tend to leave him alone. He reminds me a lot of my late twin brother, so whenever I get to missing him, I just visit Tomioka. We don't ever say much, but his presence always calms me.

Mitsuri is my favorite though. She can be a little naive, but her sweetness is refreshing. I would consider her my best friend, and I try to protect her whenever I can. I would be heartbroken if anything ever happened to her. And Rengoku, he will forever be Big Bro, but sometimes his happiness is too much for the world full of hate and death we live in today.

Though, Gyomei is the one I respect the most. I value what little advice he shares with me, and practice with him any chance I get, albeit I will never beat him in a duel. His devotion to faith and nature inspires me, and I believe it's one of the reasons why he's the strongest here today. I feel like we all could learn so much from him.

And then there's Uzui...Training under him was intense to say the least, but if he taught me anything, it's that I should never take my life for granted, and that I should always value it. I know I bored him a lot though. Breath of shadow is a cool and collected breath, that focuses on using the calm darkness as an advantage. Not very "flamboyant" for Tengen's taste, but he tolerated me.

As I snapped out of my memories, I realized all I craved was a good nights rest.

But as I lay here awake in my bed, my brain running wild with thoughts that should only worry me during the daytime, I wondered why we were cursed to live in such a devastating world as this one.

All of us Hashira, and majority of the Demon slayers have already suffered so much, yet we put ourselves in the way of more suffrage, not only watching our friends die, but those innocent civilians around us too.

That's enough sadness for tonight, (y/n)...

I thought to myself as I rolled over, closing my eyes and falling asleep once again.

"Can I join you?" Said a familiar man's voice.

"Of course!" I said excitedly. My body was almost completely submerged in hot water, stones and steam covering the area surrounding us.

I looked over, to see a man with messy white hair, wild purple eyes, and a toned upper body getting into the spring, only 3 or 4 feet away from me.

"You look beautiful today..." He said with a cunning smile.

Wow...His smile. So confident. So sexy.

The tension between us was thicker than the dense air that surrounded us, it seemed so right but yet it felt so wrong.

He was a fellow Hashira, a co-worker for lack of a better term.

But why did I want him?

I tried to stop my body, but it was being sucked in by his mischievous, yet charming aura.

I got real close, his smile curling up on one side a little more, almost devilishly. He couldn't hide the fact he liked my attention.

My hand touched his scar covered skin, that stretched tight over his muscles.

"What are we doing, Sanemi?" I whispered seductively.

"Just having some fun, is all." He said, as he closed in on the gap between our lips...

Suddenly I woke up. I sat up, disgusted at myself for what I just dreamed about.

Ew. Ew. EWWW. WHY out of all people...HIM?!

I rubbed my eyes, trying to erase the hot spring dream out of my head, but alas, it was permanently etched into my brain.

The early morning sun shone through my window, as I stretched and got out of my bed.

I reminded myself of how much I hated Sanemi, and went about my morning, fixing myself a pot of tea as I got dressed for the day.

I would be on patrol in a nearby village later that evening, so even though I had that nasty dream, I was grateful for the couple of hours of sleep I got.

I guess something is better than nothing...