𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒

I went about my day, cleaning up the Thunder Mansion,  since that's where I lived, and did some meditation and training to  prepare my lungs and muscles for the long night ahead of me

I went about my day, cleaning up the Thunder Mansion, since that's where I lived, and did some meditation and training to prepare my lungs and muscles for the long night ahead of me.

I had actually considered going to find Mitsuri to see if she wanted to go to the hot spring, but the thought of it reminded me of my dream, so I decided against it.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼ 

As I wiped the sweat that was forming on my brow from training, my crow landed gently on my shoulder. I was always very happy with my crow. She has always been kind of shy, so she never really squawks or squeals like the other crows.

Today, she informed me that The Master wanted to speak to me at my earliest convenience, so I put my sword away. I gently patted her on the head, and gave her a little cracker as a treat, before she flew off. Quickly, I went to freshen up, before being in the presence of Ubuyashiki.

As I made my way out of the Thunder Estate, and out into the open area, from far away, I saw Sanemi. He was walking out of The Master's home, so I wondered what he could possibly want with us both.

I looked around, and didn't see or hear any of the other Hashira, and I was a little worried about getting some bad news. I didn't ever get called to speak to Ubuyashiki much, so this had to be important.

As I got closer, Sanemi and I crossed paths. We glared at each other, only for a split second.

"Ugh..." I heard him say as he walked past, which made my blood boil, but out of respect for The Master's home, I ignored him.

He was truly despicable.

When I walked in to Ubuyashiki's Estate, The Master was sitting with his wife, Amane.

"(Y/n), my beautiful child. How are you?" He said softly.

I dropped to my knees, bowing in respect.

"I am well, Master. But please don't bother yourself with something as silly as my well being. I pray that you are in good health. It is a pleasure to be in your company."

I heard him get up, as Amane walked him over to me.

He gently knelt in front of me, and set a hand down on my shoulder.

"I will forever bother myself on your well being, my child. Your life is precious to me."

My eyes teared up.

"My greatest apologies, sir. I appreciate your concern."

"Now, I called you here today, to ask if you would be able to withstand a mission with Sanemi."

I was taken aback. I had never EVER gone on a mission with him. The master knew we wouldn't get along. But I knew he had his reasons.

"I will do anything you ask of me, sir." I stated. I didn't want to be a problem to him, especially when there were far greater problems in his life than my inability to tolerate Sanemi.