Chapter 11 • His Friends

There she was. Still as small and petite as I remember, her hair messier than any situation I've ever been in up to this point. She wore a small, yellow romper and sandals. Her deep blue eyes showed no hint of grief or trauma; she had no scars or bruises. She got out safely.

"You... escaped??" I yell as I run up to her, putting my hands on her shoulders.

I can feel everyone's eyes behind us, probably surprised that I know her. But I don't care.

Wait. What the hell is she doing with these people!? They're murderers! Levy must have been the one girl that Natsu said wasn't part of a gang.

She puts her hand over mine as she slowly tilts her head, gazing at me with a warm smile.

"Lu..." she says. I can hear her voice cracking and tears forming in her eyes.

I feel tears forming in mine too as I finally break, and we embrace each other into a tight hug as we melt to the ground.

"I missed you so much, I thought I would never see you again!" I say, burying my face into her shoulder.

"I knew one day.. we would see each other again. We wouldn't be kept apart forever." She says, petting my hair.

"Levy.." I say, slowly pulling away.

"Why are you here? How are you here, What business did you have to take care of before you could-"

"I'll answer all your questions in due time. For now, you should know that these are my friends." She says, standing up and lending me a hand.

"Your... friends?" I ask as I take her hand and stand up.

She nods. "And this is my boyfriend, Gajeel!" She grabs the hand of the big, tan guy with the spiky hair and piercings.

"YOU? BOYFRIEND?? HIM!?" I say, failing to keep my composure.

He scoffs at my words before Levy begins to rub his arm. I see him relax at that.

"We met a few months ago when I was visiting Japan. He--"

"You were in JAPAN!?" my shock only grows more and more with every word.

"Not right now Luc. Just know that these people are cool. They're not what you think." She says.

Not what I think...? How could she just be so nonchalant when we are surrounded by murderers who could literally snap our necks or take us hostage right now if they wanted to...

"Come on," she takes my arm. "Let's all go sit by the bonfire together and play a game while we all get to know each other." She says as she takes me to the fire.

Get to know each other...? You're my best friend, but you stayed behind for reasons you still won't tell me. Now I found out you were in Japan where you met a gangster who is now your boyfriend? I'm starting to feel like I don't know you at all...

We all sit down. I have Natsu on my left and Levy on my right. Gajeel is on Levy's right and the Loke guy is sitting right across from me. Mira and Laxus are sitting together on Loke's left.

"Well, now that we got that sweet, sweet reunion out of the way..." Loke says almost mockingly, "let's play two truths and one lie. I'm assuming you all know the rules?"

Everyone agrees, but I slowly raise my hand. "Um... I don't."

"Sheesh princess, have you been living under a rock?" Loke asks, putting his chin in the palm of his hand.

"No.. just very isolated." I sigh.

There's a bit of an awkward silence after I say that.

"Weell... it's exactly how it sounds," Loke breaks the silence. "Each of us will take turns naming 3 facts about ourselves. Two of which are truths, and the other... is a lie. It is everyone else's job to guess which is the lie." Loke finishes.