Chapter 3 • Getting To Know Each Other

Natsu's P.O.V

The day just began, but what's happening right now is probably going to be the highlight of my whole day.

"Ooh! What about this one? It's a nice shade of green, and it's also velvety." I say, pointing at a maid dress on the screen.

Me and Lucy are currently on eBay looking for a maid dress for her. After our deal last night, we didn't say much after that and just kind of went to bed. I don't think she expected me to wake her up at 7 o' clock in the morning just to start looking for this dress. But I was serious about this!

"Mm, no, green was never really my color. Plus, velvety things kind of make me cringe." She declines.

I frown in response.

"How about this one?" I point out at one of the next dresses come across after I continued to scroll.

It's a short, pink and blue maid dress with white fringes on the perimeters. It has a pretty cute pattern on it with buttons on the front.

"Hmm, that is cute. I like the design, plus, it looks pretty flexible and easy to walk in. And look at that, they have it in my size. And ooh! Another bonus! The seller lives here in the Bahamas, just an hour away!" Lucy says, her eyes lighting up a bit.

I smile at the fact that she may also be enjoying this too.

"So, is this the one?" I ask, pointing at the dress.

"Yep, sure." She says adding it to her cart and beginning to purchase it.

"Are you sure you're already settling with a dress? We've only been searching for like, half an hour." I ask.

"Yeah, this is fine. This is probably the best one we've come across so far, plus, it's 7:30 in the morning and I do not have the brain power right now to keep looking and to put up with your shenanigans. I need some coffee." She says as she begins to walk towards the kitchen, looking through the cupboards.

I roll my eyes a little but have a slight smile on my face as I do so.

Lucy's P.O.V

So... this is really happening. I'm really going to have to start wearing a maid dress around the hotel room.

Ugh. I really can't think about this right now.

I pour my coffee from the coffee dispenser into my mug. I lean up against the counter, sipping my beverage.

"Hey, Lucy," Natsu says, catching my attention.

"What do you say we go out?" He asks me.

"Out?" I respond curiously.

"Yeah! We're roommates and you're going to be my maid now, so it makes sense that we should try to get to know each other more, right?" Natsu asks, still sitting on his bed where we just were searching for dresses.

"Hmm... I guess that makes sense. But, for the love of Makarov Natsu, can you at least give me another 30 minutes or so to wake myself up and get ready?" I ask, still tired.

"Yeah, yeah, take your time." He replies boredly as he returns to using his laptop.

*****************
"So... where are we going first?" I ask.

Natsu and I are currently walking down the sidewalk as he holds a map in his hands pinpointing locations.

"First stop is smoothies. Then, we can just go on a little walk on the wooded boardwalk by the beach and just chat with our smoothies. And I definitely want to go to Hazzle Bazzle afterwards." Natsu says, still having his face buried in the map.