Chapter 12 • Hurt Feelings

My eyes widen.

What's gotten into him? He's being so possessive..

He begins to lean in, his lips inching closer and closer.

Is he about to..!?

I place my hands on his chest.

"Stop.." I say, looking away.

He doesn't say anything for a few seconds. Then, he backs away and gives me some space again.

"Sorry." He says, before he takes his shirt off and then plops onto his bed.

What the hell...

***

It is currently the next day. Last night was... something. I didn't manage to go to sleep, unlike Natsu, who passed out on his bed immediately after...

I recall his breath and warmth on me, and I feel my whole body heat up.

After.. what happened.

I hug my knees sitting on my bed, as I look over at him still passed out on his. I can already tell he's going to have a bad headache when he wakes up.

I wonder if he remembers last night? In the kitchen...

I think about it for a second before shaking my head. No, it's best he doesn't remember. And he probably won't.

I think back to the bonfire last night, and the games we played and the information I learned about everyone. Turns out Loke is a lot more sadistic than he looks. As if the fingers thing wasn't bad enough, I learnt a lot more about him throughout the rest of the games. Things I'd rather forget.

And Levy, well, turns out she's had a whole bunch of experiences since escaping. Experiences that I haven't even had yet because I had to work so hard to get money.

Oh yeah, there was also that other thing that I learned last night...

***********************************
FLASHBACK: Last Night at the Bonfire

************************************

Everyone's really drunk at this point except for me. I've never been around so many intoxicated people at the same time. It's a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh my Makarov, I just remembered something." Loke says, his palm resting on his knee as he sits cross-legged. "Do you remember that Lisanna girl you were so obsessed with?" he asks with curiosity and a bit smugly.

I look at Natsu who completely tenses up. His eyes widen a bit, and I can tell that the question took him off guard. Then his shoulders relax and he attempts to brush it off.

"It's whatever." He slightly shakes his head as he takes another drink of his alcohol bottle.

"Who's... Lisanna?" I ask intrigued

"Oh he hasn't told you about her? Guess I shouldn't be surprised, he doesn't like to talk to anyone about her. Long story short, she's the girl who--" before Loke can finish, Natsu snaps.

"We don't need to talk about her." Natsu raises his voice, which causes everyone to go silent.

"...Okay then," Loke awkwardly breaks the silence. "Well, maybe you'll find out in due time blondie." He winks at me.

************************************

I wonder who she is. Based off Loke describing Natsu as being "obsessed" with her, and him not wanting to talk about it, I guess she's some kind of ex. Maybe. I wouldn't know anything about that stuff.