motivation [2]

let's go into a topic i get asked about a lot: staying motivated.

i myself still struggle with this, but i've started to learn how to overcome it. motivation can come from many things. pinterest boards, audios you heard, sounds from tik tok. shit, you could even get it from reading erotic things. (not proud to admit this, but it's happened before... several times)

MOVING ON

i personally find that listening to music helps. certain songs inspire me to just write. also, if you ever feel like you want to, just start writing. don't think about it until you're completely drained. you can edit it later.

idk if other people just get this feeling, but sometimes i just have the urge to write. and it's never on the things that i need to. it's always on drafts that i saved like months ago. but that's okay. because there are no "set" rules when it comes to when you're supposed to write

...just don't do it while you're in class though. academics come first.

so, moral of the story, write whenever you have the urge to/when you hear or see something that starts getting your creative juices flowing.

oh! also, do not put too much onto your load. i recommend only having about two or three ongoing fics published at a time. you can have however many drafts you'd like. just don't publish all of them. you will get overwhelmed, and you will end up taking down most if not all of those fics.

i don't mean to scare you with that, but it's true. you need to know your own limits and only push them a little bit at a time. you got this, young one. (if i'm being honest, you're prolly older than me, but you're a newbie, and i am a boss. so i will be calling you young one)

(yes that includes you ConnieSpringersWifey)

from: your favorite author ;)