plot [6]

plot is a very delicate thing. so let's start off with the basics. we all know the plot rollercoaster or hill or mountain or whatever other thing it's referred to as.

we start off with setting and characters and conflict. then we move on to how things are starting to escalate. this is a slow process, and there should be other minor conflicts sprinkled in there along the way. then there's the climax. that's the turning point. the mc finally has their big fight with the villain and someone looses. then there's the falling action. everything comes down from that high rather suddenly. and then there's the resolution. and then there's the end.

that's it. it's as simple as that.

no for the not so simple part: coming up with a storyline.

i think that you just kind of need to see things in order for that to happen. like if you're watching a movie and suddenly have an idea about what you think happens next. or what you wanted to see happen.

plots come from the mind. (duh) but when i say that, i mean things you wished you saw in certain books.

i typically get my plot ideas when something happens and it didn't go the way i planned for it to. that's when i start to develop ideas which eventually go into contributing for a new plot.

like when i was reading hunger games like a week ago. in catching fire, it's told why haymitch is also seen as rebellious like katniss. it talked about how he threw the axe (i think) into the cliff where the force field sat at the bottom. it said how he used his cleverness to kill the final opponent with the force field.

but i wanted something else to happen. so now, that idea is floating around somewhere in my journal, waiting to be used.

(sorry, can't say what the idea is. i don't want somebody to take it.)

i think plot also shows how creative a person is. i promise you that your ideas will get better the more developed you are/become as an author. writing as a whole is like a sport. the more you do it, the better you'll become.

this is a little confusing. gosh, i hate explaining things.

from: your favorite author ;)