smut [13]

why am i even writing something about this?

what has my life cum to?

i'm sorry, please don't hit me.

now let's get on with this.

smut isn't something very... interesting. it's hard to write since there's certain words you have to use but just are ashamed to type. like dick, penis, pussy, vajayjay—

that last one might only be a me thing.

anyways, you will squirm a little when you write smut. but you will not get turned on. i can promise you that much. while you're writing it, you will be constantly thinking. that would leave you too occupied to actually get horny from it.

like thinking if the position you're putting them in is even possible. or adding some dialogue but not so much that it completely ruins the mood. or the word choice. or how vivid of an image you're painting.

it also doesn't help that i have the maturity of a 13 year old boy (a bit of an over exaggeration, but you get the point).

and also, this may sound weird, but look up sex positions. and stay incognito. but like seriously, you can not have your characters' only do missionary. you know how boring that is?

use a variety. doggy, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, splitting bamboo, spooning, butterfly, bodyguard.

i'm not joking. don't be boring.

and kinks. that's something you may want to experiment with. like chocking, masochism (but try not be too focused on the details with that one), mommy/daddy (but i personally think those one's are weird. no shame if you have it though!).

really common ones are praise and degradation.

i prefer praise, so that's typically what i try to put in my works. but i do know others prefer to be degraded, so i try to throw in a good mix. i think it's mostly praise though.

anyways!

there is not right or wrong way to write smut, but i have noticed there are some specific formats that appeal to people.

like enemies to lovers. rivals to lovers. angry sex. break up sex. "shouldn't be doing it, but chose to ignore that factor" sex.

and while we're here, let's talk about something that will 1000% get you cancelled.

TW: r@pe

people will give their characters' rape for the trauma experience. and though i seen nothing wrong with that, i do see an issue when they fail miserably to execute it. like, people can't just get over it. that's an experience they will have to live with for the rest of their lives. and they will be hesitant to have sex again, or they will be overly sexual to show they still have some power over their body.

i've never personally experienced this, but i know someone who has. and i know how hard it is for them.

do not write a detailed r@pe scene. that is disgusting, and nobody needs to see that sexualized. it is hard for the victims themselves, and others who actually have a fucking heart.

if you want to have a character open up on that trauma, tell about the things leading up to it. i promise you not a single victim would like to share their story with details of the deed itself.

from: your favorite author :/