The Boy From Your Dreams (One-shot)

Summary:
Before you arrived on Runeterra, before you were Miláček, you were just like any other young kid on Earth. You played, went to school, and every night you went to bed. Though your dreams were often plagued by nightmares, a shining ray of happiness arrives one night in the form of a young boy with the most captivating accent you've ever heard. You are instantly sure you have to be his friend.

Aka what if Viktor and the reader met as kids.

A prequel idea to my story Muj Miláček, this one-shot contains mild spoilers.

Whether this is canon or not is up to you 😊
Thank you to shaggy_maggy for the idea of Reader and Viktor meeting as kids ❤️

Song suggestion from TmCupid_: Sign of the Times by Harry Styles

Your sleep hadn't always been the best. Like most other eight-year-olds you hated falling asleep. It was excruciatingly boring to lay there in your bed, your nightlight casting mysterious shadows over the walls. You buried your face in your sheets, clutching onto your favourite stuffed animal. Their softness provided you comfort in the real world, but once your dreams took over you more often than not found yourself alone. You didn't know why you always had nightmares, maybe that was normal, you didn't talk with anyone about them. It had always been like this, your sleep terrifying you. You weren't sure how anyone expected you to willingly endure it every night.

You were always excited when a good dream broke through the terror, it was like a reward for putting up with everything else. The night of your eighth birthday was one of those good dream nights. You wondered if someone was smiling down on you, giving you the gift of a good night's sleep.

It started out as a regular dream, you were walking through an area you didn't recognize. The texture of the dream was different than usual, much smoother than real life, like you were in a beautifully animated cartoon. It was a hilly expanse, covered in white and pink wildflowers that brushed at your fingertips. The air was filled with the fresh scents coming off the greenery and the sun shone down on you as you walked through the field. There was a small bubbling river running through the scenery that you imagined would be fun to splash around in. Looking down at yourself you realized with a start that you were also in the same texture as the rest of your dream. Your rainbow-themed pyjamas had become even more cartoonish than before. You wished there was a mirror so you could see yourself, but looking around there were only flowers. There was nothing in the distance either, no buildings or sounds of angry honking cars. You were alone, or so you thought.

You jumped when a few feet in front of you a boy's head poked out from his spot among the flowers. He sat up, his wide amber eyes blinking at you in confusion. His hair was a shaggy chocolate brown, his face accented by two beauty marks. He wore a tattered green shirt and pants that looked to be pyjamas. He appeared to be about your age, but he was the same animated style as the rest of your surroundings so it was hard to tell.