The Ghost of You

A/N: All I Want by Kodaline inspired this fic

You stood surrounded by darkness, an echoing silence suffocating you. You spun around, trying to find any source of light or something to hold onto to tell you where you were. Your heart pounded in your chest as you began to panic. Had your magic finally taken over and locked you in a prison inside your own mind?

You could hear your breathing become frantic as you searched, stumbling through the seemingly empty space. You were pretty sure the last thing you did was fall asleep, so that would mean that this was likely a dream. Though you had a feeling that you were not in your bed, it all felt too real, you were too conscious, too aware of yourself and the space around you.

"Hello?" You called, your voice feeling too loud in the never-ending silence, "Is anyone there?"

Suddenly, right before your eyes appeared a blinding light, springing forth from the black nothingness. You lifted your arms to shield your eyes, you hadn't been prepared for the onslaught of light. You felt momentarily blinded, fear making you take a step back as you adjusted to the change.

"I'm sorry, my child, I did not mean to startle you, inter-dimensional travel can be trickier than one would expect," An ethereal voice said from in front of you. You recognized that voice, it had been the one from the blue void when you'd first arrived in Runeterra.

You lowered your arms, squinting as you looked at the twinkling light in front of you, "Inter-dimensional travel?"

What on Earth did that mean? Or, you supposed, what on Runterra?

The voice giggled, the light sound like a warm summer breeze, "Do not fear, your body is still where you left it in your time, I have only borrowed your spirit for a moment."

Sorry, they did what?

The voice giggled again, "It is harmless, you will return to your body and the boy in your bed once I release you."

You felt yourself flush as you remembered what had happened before you fell asleep. Viktor had stayed in your bed that night as you numbed his pain. You'd been doing it for over a week at that point, the second Gemstone giving you the power to do so.

"Why did you take my spirit?" You asked, the words feeling strange on your tongue. A lot of odd things had happened to you, but that was one question you'd never expected to ask.

"While the Viktor from your time is still set on a good path, there is another universe where he was not so lucky, one where the loss of you put him on a much darker journey. He will only cause more pain and death, it must be made right." The joy left the voice, sadness creeping in. You were going to unpack the fact that there were other universes later, that wasn't the part that caught hold of your heart and refused to let go. If the Viktor of your world was on a good path, you worried about what a bad path could be. You hated to think of how losing you could hurt him enough to make him hurt others. You had been so caught up in your fear of losing him that it was something you hadn't considered.

"And you need me to fix it?" You asked incredulously, you could barely do anything for your Viktor, how were you supposed to help another? "I don't know if I'd be much use, my magic isn't strong."

"You will not need your magic, that is not your true strength," The voice said, "It is the love you have for him, the belief that he can preserver. That is what he needs most, he needs your light to bring him back to the right path."

You hesitated, you wanted nothing more than to help Viktor, even one that was different than the one you knew, but you weren't sure you could trust this disembodied voice. You still had so many questions.