30

Osam paced up and down in the police Chief's office, red as a beetroot because he was very angry. For a second, he stopped pacing and glared at the beefy man behind his desk.

"We had an agreement," he growled at the Chief.

"Before you lied to me," the Chief said.

"I paid you to do as asked, not to talk!"

"I wasn't aware that you had poisoned yourself and Thomas Francis."

"YOU LET THOSE STUPID WOMEN WALK SCOTT FREE!!"

He had paid the Chief a handsome amount of money to send his policemen to look for Elena in every car that was leaving the city because he had seen her in town and knew that once she got wind of her being framed for Tommy's murder, she would run. And run she did.

But the policemen had been useless because the one that had seen Elena, had let her go simply because she was with 'Miss Beatrice Ford'! Osam angrily kicked a chair.

It flew through the air and crashed on the wall on the other side of the room! Splinters fell to the ground, followed by what was left of the chair.

"I didn't let Elena go. One of my men did. And honestly, you can't expect us to arrest Beatrice Ford on false charges. Her family will eat us alive," the Chief countered.

"Well, does that mean I get my money back?" Osam fumed.

The Chief laughed at him, placing his meaty arms on his desk, his moustache quivering in silent anger. "You broke the law a countless number of times and you murdered Thomas Francis, trying to implicate an innocent black woman as the killer. You were involved in the events that eventually led to the death of Charles Francis. You are the one I should have arrested, Osam Wilde."

"I was not involved in the death of Charles! I tried to save him!"

"Oh really?" the Chief chuckled humorlessly. He picked up his phone and dialled a number.

After a while, a policeman came in leading a cuffed scruffy, thin, blonde man with blue eyes that looked like they were about to pop out of his skull.

Osam breathed in sharply.

The man...Blondie. He was the same man that had been driving the car in which Charles died. And he knew the sordid details of the plan to kill Charles and take over his business and his life. Blondie knew every detail of Osam and Tommy's plan.

Osam realised that he was done for.

Blondie grinned at him. "Boss man."

Osam ignored him, pretending he didn't know the pest.

The Chief looked at him. "You may want to have a seat and hear what Blondie has to say. Quite interesting information he had too." He turned to Blondie as Osam stood against a wall, his hands in his pocket as he glared daggers at the back of Blondie's head.

The Chief prompted Blondie to go on.

The man sang like a bird. "Boss man, Osam and Mr. Tommy paid me and a friend of mine to help them kidnap Elena after they burned down the Vaal Hospital. We got Elena in the car with Mr. Tommy but nurse Elena found her way back to the hospital. I was scared that we had failed because Mr. Osam had paid us a lot of money but Ram found Elena and Mr. Tommy and Mr. Charles.
He brought Mr. Charles to a car that Osam had given to us to drive him back to the hospital ruins where they would kill him and throw him into the fires so that nobody would ever find him. The plan after all was to take Mr. Charles' identity and Mr. Tommy would replace him while Osam enjoyed the results of this plan in the background.