3

"Every religion has an innate character. The character of Islam is Modesty "
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Muwatta Malik>
Book of Good Character
Book 47, Hadith 9

Life doesn't go the way we want. Life goes like the way it wants. It's just we learn how to cope with it with time. Now you are thinking why suddenly I'm being philosophical. Maybe I know the meaning of these philosophical lines that's why.

I am Ramisa Ahmed. And ordinary yet not so ordinary 18 years old struggling muslimah. Who's trying to be a better Muslim than today.

Life was like a bed of rose for me. Me, Abbu , Ammu and my sister that's our lil happy family. I got everything I wanted. And I loved them. I loved the way my Ammu used to wake me up early in the morning for school.
Removing the warm blanket from my body she used to call me softly.
As soon as my feet used to touch the cold marvel floor a cold shiver ran down through my spine. Ignoring it I used to walk towards kitchen without wearing slippers. The closer I get to kitchen the smell of delicious omelette used to become more intense. I loved my breakfast made by my Ammu.

I loved the way my Abbu used to hear my blabbering with a smile on his lips.
I loved to see the spark in my parents eyes whenever I achieved something. I guess, I won't be wrong if I say I'm a brilliant student. Everything was perfect but not for long I guess.

My wonderful sky started getting covered with clouds as I started growing up. The bed of rose named life was getting filled with thrones. I started seeing everything in different way. I started hating the people around me. I created a strong shell around me. Making myself distant from others. I started competing hard to win. I started giving my best in everything. I turned my weakness into my strength. I was happy the way I was achieving my goals. I was happy the way I was staying alone ignoring the people around me. Untill I realized...

I realized that I was competing with my own, alone. Maybe that's when I felt helpless. That's when I understood what loneliness means.

I was so busy with myself that I never realized how much my parents loves me. How much they care for me. All I believed that they didn't need me. I believed that I was strong enough to get through life forgetting that I took my first step holding their fingers in my tiny palm.

But I was late to realize everything. And now all I need is time. Time to be the old Ramisa and make everything normal like before. Like those beautiful old days in Bangladesh.

I think being far from my family is making it easy to think better. Helping me to not hurt their feelings. So now I'm staying in Wellington a beautiful city of New Zealand. Where I hope my dreams will come true. Where I will find myself again.

Enough about me. I haven't seen Isfa
for hours. It's 12 at night now but she still didn't come in room. Well I know very well what's she doing now.

Probably sitting on the couch of living room. Her legs are in criss crossed position. Her mobile in her hands, tears rolling down from her eyes. And all thanks to Wattpad.
Geez! She cries a lot in every single sad moments of the characters.

Now you are thinking why I'm blabbering instead of stopping her from crying. Well dears, I have applied all ways to stop this habit of her. But Isfa Jahan is Isfa Jahan. She can leave everything even me but not Wattpad. I don't understand what kind of fun she gets from those stories.

In her words, Wattpad is an another world for her far from this. Where she fantasies her life like fairytale. The stories make her heart to see everything in a new and better way. She even imagine her prince charming like the heroes of stories. Geez!