4

Allah SWT never said those road would be easy. But HE said, "I'll be with those who are patient. "

Springfield Street, Wellington

The cold wind was blowing harshly, making the old leaves fall on the road. She was walking on the footpath, crushing the dry leaves under her feet. She clutched her niqaab so that it couldn't blow away from her face. The street was full with people. People were busy to buy their daily necessities from the roadside markets. This reminded her about Chattogram, the city of Bangladesh, where she was born and raised.
This busy street was a lil bit familiar with her city. This road was jammed with luxurious cars, buses.
While the roads of Chattogram stay jammed with rickshaws, taxies, local buses, cars,trucks.
Women used to bargain like pro to buy their things at cheaper rate.

She loved the aroma of tea of the little tea stalls situated at the corners of roads.
A lil bit bitter, sugary and a lil burn on tongue. The hot liquor runs down through the neck.
Tea is a magical drink, which can bring a cobbler as well as a filthy rich man inside that shabby place named 'Tong' ( little impermanent stall)
She used to come back from school by rickshaw. It won't be wrong if she says she was amazed by the rickshaw pullers. It's not easy to pull a whole rickshaw with people on it too. She used to look at the aged man, who rode the rickshaw under the scorching sun. Wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, he looked up glaring at the sun.
It wasn't hard only in summer, it was more hard for a rickshaw puller to work in rain.
She still remembers the smile of them,when she used to held the umbrella above their head from back. Though it didn't helped much. But the small gestures were enough to bring a ray in the sky called Humanity.

Her dark brown orbs gazed the big gate of "Home of little Happiness", which is an old orphanage. As soon as she entered through the gate a smile spread on her lips, looking at the kids who were running here and there in the little playground of the orphanage. Her eyes roamed all over the field searching of certain someone. She was about to enter the orphanage building while she heard his voice,"Isfa...a..a..!!."

Before she could turn back two tiny arms were wrapped around her knees.
She bent down at the level of his little figure.

"A..slam... kum." came out his gibberish voice.

"It's Assalamualaikum dear and Walaikumassalam." She chuckled pecking his cheek.

"I'm angry with.. you." he huffed sitting on her lap making her sit on the soft the grasses.

"Why is the cute baby angry on me?" she pinched his cheeks.

"Don't call.. me baby.. I'm a... big man." he swatted away her hands from his face.

She couldn't help but pecking his chubby cheeks which turned red.
"So should I call you Mr.Miller?"

He scrunched his nose, "No.. It sounds like.. old man. Call me Rafael. It's my name and I like it."

"Okay, so Rafael why are you angry with me?"

"Cause..you didn't came.. to meet me last week." He complained.
"I.. missed you.." His blue orbs were shining with tears, sun rays falling on them making them look like two blue deep oceans.

Her heart clenched looking his tears and innocent complaine. She hugged him close to her heart, "I'm sorry Rafael. I was busy with my school. I'm really sorry dear. I brought chocolates for you."

Wiping his tears she kissed his forehead.
"No.. You have to tell..us story today." he whined.

"Okay as the cute baby wants." she smiled.
He huffed cringing at the 'baby' word and ran away from her lap.
She laughed at his antics followed him.

Rafael Miller was a 4 years old orphan of 'Home of little Happiness.' He was brought here when he was 1 and half years old. He was different from the other kids of the orphanage. He was very reserved. He didn't use to play or talk with others. He used to stay on the little bed of his room all day.
When Isfa visited the orphanage 8 months ago,he caught her eyes. She loved all the kids. But Rafael was different for her. She loved her a lot like her own little brother. It wasn't easy to bring a baby out of his shell. He used to turn his face away whenever she tried to talk with him. But she didn't left him like that. She used to visit the orphanage everyday after uv as It's near her home. She used to talk with him telling stories and random things.
Eventually Rafael started feeling comfortable and stopped being like a grumpy man. After-all he was fed up with her blabberings everyday so he opened up with her and started playing and talking with her and others.
There was an another speciality about him which Isfa found and that's Rafael's color blind. He have one of the most Beautiful pair of eyes but they saw everything like a book of sketches, no colors only black and white.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Opening the door of the house a smile crept on Isfa's lips as she heard Ramisa and Zohaib's voice who were busy in bickering among themselves.

"Damn! Woman even poison must be better than your coffee." Zohaib gritted.

"Then, you should be in jahannum after drinking it." Ramisa yelled.
Removing her niqab Isfa walked towards kitchen from where their voice were coming.

"Calm down, my lion and lioness. What's the matter?" Isfa spoke sitting on the stool of kitchen counter.

"Tell this donkey brother of yours that he shouldn’t ask for coffee while every time he has to act like I poisoned him." Ramisa gritted.

Watching Zohaib opening his mouth Isfa stopped him saying, "Okay... enough now. When you both will grow up?"

"When you’ll be a grandma." Zohaib and Ramisa said in unison. They glared each other and turned away.

"I'm just 19." Isfa sighed.

"I met Carole when I was returning home." Ramisa spoke.

"Who's Carole?" Zohaib asked.

"She's a girl from our class kinda quiet type." Isfa answered.

"I think something's wrong with her." Ramisa said.

"What do you mean?" Zohaib raised his eyebrows.

"I exactly don't know what happened but you know she stays 3 blocks away from us. She bumped onto me in front of our home. She was running and there were blood strains on her face." Ramisa shrugged.

Isfa gasped, "Did she fall in an accident?"

"Looking the marks on her face it didn’t seem like an accident." Ramisa spoke.

"Then what do you think?" Zohaib asked.

"I think someone beaten her. But maybe I'm wrong." Ramisa sighed.

"Maybe you both should talk with her and ask her what happened." Zohaib spoke.

Isfa and Ramisa nodded.

Asslamualikum, a short update.
Have a good day.
Allah Hafiz 🤍