6

❝So which of the favours of your Lord would you deny?❞
-(Ar-Rahman: 13)

Taking cautious steps she crossed the busy road. It wasn't easy walking under the scorching sun with a toddler in arms .
Though the hotness of Wellington's summer was nothing compared to Chittagong's summer. But still it was enough to drench her with sweat. She felt like a ice cream, melting in warm wind. A lil chuckle left her lips.
Hearing her chuckling suddenly, Rafael looked at her with a frown.

"Can you please drop me.? I can walk" Rafael wiggled in her arms.

"No, dear. I will let you on your feet when we reach there."

Rafael huffed and looked at his left. There he saw an old man selling ice cream on footpath.

"I want ice cream from here." He looked at her.

"But I thought to take you to the shop. It's just 2 minutes away."

"Please.. I want to eat from here." He pleaded.

"Okay" Isfa sighed looking at his blue orbs which melts her everytime.

"Give me one butterscotch please." She said to the old man while putting Rafael on his feet.

"How much?" She asked the price while giving the ice cream to Rafael.

"It's 2 dollar, ma'am." The old man replied ruffling Rafael's hair.

Isfa paid the old man.
"Is it yummy?" She asked turning to Rafael. But he wasn't there. Panick rushed through her veins.

"Rafael!" She called looking here and there. But couldn't find his sign . She was about to walk when her eyes fell on the familiar figure in the middle of the road. A cold shiver run down to her spine watching a car proceeding towards him with full speed.
Tears gathered in her dark brown orbs. She felt like her breathing was slowing. Gathering herself she ran towards him will all her strength, only to stop in mid way.
There he was lying in the middle of the road. Blood was slowly peeking out from under his body, turning dark on the black pitch road. Everything happened so fast in a blink, that was hard for her to digest.
She sat in the middle of the busy road, taking him in her lap. Blood drenching her clothes. She patted his cheeks with her blood covered fingers.

"Rafael.!.. open your eyes ... Rafael please! " She choked.
Her vision was blurring,her head was spinning.

"Help! Please somebody help!" She screamed clutching him near her heart.

People rushed towards them helping her to reach the nearby hospital.
___________________

She choked on her tears as she described about the accident.

"He'll be fine. Don't cry."
Ramisa patted her back

They stood up watching Dr. Hamzah coming out from OT.

"How's he, Doctor? " Mrs. Martha asked him.

"He's out of danger, Alhamdulillah. But he needs to stay here for some days till he gets healed properly." Dr. Hamzah smiled.

"Can we meet him?" Ramisa asked.

"Yeah, one person at a time. Who's Isfa here?"