7

❝Indeed, HE knows
what is declared and
what is hidden❞
-Qur'an 87:7

The beach can be seen through the big glass wall of the big specious room. The air conditioner was on, giving chill breeze even when it was snowing outside. The interior which was mostly a combination of grey and black was which giving the room a luxurious look. A big table of mahogany wood was situated in the room in front of the glass wall.

There he was sitting on his chair. His brown coat was hanging on it. The sleeves of his white shirt were rolled up till his elbows. His messy black hairs playing on his forehead giving him itchy feeling. The black tie was hanging aimlessly around his neck.

His charcoal orbs were focused on laptop's screen as his fingers typed furiously on the keyboard. He needed to finish the pending works in three days as his final exams were starting after one week.

He was so engrossed in his work that he even didn't notice that someone barged into his cabin. But as soon as he heard those footsteps he immediately realised who it was.

"What the hell do you want Ramisa Ahmed?" his not so rough voice came out.

Ramisa stopped in her tracks wondering how he knew it was her then realising how he even recognise the air she breathes, she sighed.
She sat across him while looking at him with her hawk eyes. His state was enough to let her know that how long he's been working like a robot.

"It's been five days since you left from the hospital, you didn't come to uni nor you received our calls." She spoke.

"So...what?"  He replied not moving his eyes from his laptop.

She fisted her hands, taking a deep breath she yelled, "What do you mean by 'So what?'! it's been five days! Five days since you disappeared! Do you even realise how worried we were? But no Mr. Zohaib Itban's works are more important than his family. What the heck you think you are! You dumb! Crazy! Donkey!"

Before her voice could reach to his employees he closed his laptop and stopped her, "Okay,fine! It's my fault. Now keep quiet."

Ramisa turned towards him furiously to spat more but looking him massaging his forehead, while his eyes were closed, her eyes softened.
She knew it wasn't easy for him. All those burdens were too much for a twenty years old guy but still he was trying his best to manage everything without letting anyone know how it's slowly taking away everything he liked to do.

"Zoh...," she called him, this time softly.
He hummed in response still massaging his forehead.

"I know Zoh, It's hard for you more than I can imagine. Studying in uni, being the one and only support for your mother and handling the Itban Industries all are too much for you. But you should've inform us about your whereabouts. We have the right at least to know about that right? We are a family. And isn't it normal that we'd be worried about you?" She sighed.

"Let's go," he stood up from his chair.
Ramisa looked at him raising her eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm living on coffee for 20 hours. I'm hungry. Let's go we'll eat."  He spoke while texting his driver.

"Oh yeah, I'm hungry too. Let's go." Ramisa stormed out from his cabin.
Zohaib rolled his eyes knowing how she gets excited when it comes to food and followed her.