Chapter 3: Good Friends

Fall 2033

RETLAS Hideout

Bedstuy, Ny

Suri and Ike are in the living room recounting their memories of the past. Ike stands up and brings his backpack to a nearby table. "Yeah but we're grown now & we can hold our own. I grabbed a few goodies from The Corps. lab." He says. Ike dumps out a bag of various weapons & gadgets & picks up an augmented uzi. "See everything is pretty self explanatory here except this." Ike says. He picks up a box & a loud coughing comes from the bathroom. Suri and Ike open the door. "Who's this?" Ike inquires. "Osal, the god of plot twists." Suri says. The man is in the tub hyperventilating & as he opens his eyes slightly you see a hint of gold around his iris. Ike looks at Suri confused. 'You got some more roll up?' Suri asks Ike. Ike closes the door and returns to the living room with Suri.

Noremac's Hideout

Brownsville, Ny

3:30pm The Next Day

Irie sits at the table with a timer and gun on a napkin. She takes a deep breath and puts a blind fold on. She hits the timer, disassembles, reassembles and loads the gun. She hits the timer and aims the gun at a target. As she goes to fire someone turns the doorknob and walks in. She fires the gun and quickly removes the blindfold. She sees its Neshon and behind his head she sees her bullet went right past the targets head. "Why do you do that? One day I'm gonna hit you." Irie calmly says to Neshon. He is breathing heavily after seeing his life flash before his eyes. "Good to know you're still a great shot. How was the crowning ceremony?" Irie fills him in on everything that transpired last night. He lights a blunt and passes it to her. Neshon is smiling listening to her story. Then his face gets serious. "First of all, congrats on the whole crown thing. Second of all, my condolences, I heard what happened." Irie kind of shrugs. "It's no big deal." She says. "You mind if I pray for you?" Neshon asks. Irie shrugs. "Do your thing bro, I could use some good energy for once."

As Neshon starts to pray, Irie thinks about the past. Neshon is the only reminder she has of the old way. He still believes in the traditional God of old, he works just like everyone else & he tries his best to be good to everyone. He has no gang affiliation except for Irie. A slight wave of guilt comes over her as she thinks about how even Neshon being seen coming in here could threaten his life. She snaps back to reality as soon as he finishes up. '...and let God bless us in all of our endeavors in the future. No weapon formed against us will separate this friendship. Amen.' Neshon finishes. Irie nods her head at Neshon and passes the blunt. 'thank you...' irie says. She pauses for a minute & whispers. 'Neshon... go to the bathroom and lock the door.. NOW..' she whispers. Neshon does exactly what she says and Irie cuts the power to the apartment. Someone opens the door and a few SPO officers enter. They fan out and do a complete sweep. As a guard comes around the corner where irie is hiding she grabs his head and her Onyx eyes suddenly turn into a black and white spiral. As they start spinning, he becomes entranced. She puts him down. "Kill them all quietly and dispose of them..Oh yeah. Then kill yourself in a deserted area, thanks." Irie says in his ear.

As the officer executes his commands, Irie goes to the bathroom & tells Neshon to come back to the living room. Neshon watches as he unconsciously kills the other officers and dumps their bodies. The officer notices Neshon sitting in the living room and starts to aim his gun at him. Irie shoots the officer in the head before he can even get his sights on Neshon. Irie kisses her teeth as she looks around. "Damn it, now I have a mess to clean." Neshon looks around at all the bodies. "Let me hel-" Irie interrupts him. "No, you know I don't want you being involved with this shit at all. You gotta go home bro." Neshon gets angry just as he always does when they have this discussion. "You think I can't hold my own out here? I've been doing for myself since the old way & you know that." Irie pauses before she speaks. "You're exactly right, I don't think you can hold your own. You gotta go bro." She says. Neshon angrily gets up and leaves as Irie starts dragging the body into the back room.