Chapter 11: Love = Pain

Silow's Hideout
Jamaica, Ny
January 24th
2:45am

Neshon and Meli sit across from each other in the dining room. The long elegant table was meant to host a multitude of patrons. Yet they sit across from each other eating quietly. Meli looks up and Neshon, her rose gold eyes shining in his faux white eyes. Neshon looks up at her and clears his throat.

'you should really think about getting a smaller table.'

'yeah yeah because how are we going to pass the food to each other, you've made this joke before.' Meli says while smiling.

'actually, I was gonna ask if you even trust the number of people it'll take to fill this table?' Neshon says with a smirk.

Meli's smile fades. She pushes her chair away from the table and goes towards the stairs.

'wait I didn't say anything wrong!' Neshon yells

He looks over to the butler.

'did I say something wrong?' Neshon asks.

The butler quietly picks up Meli's plate and glass & brings it to the kitchen. Neshon continues to eat his food. Up stairs Meli is waking down the hall and crosses paths with Era. They nod and smile at each other as Meli goes to the bedroom to get it ready for tonight. As much of an asshole as Neshon has been, Meli decides to do something nice for him. So so it'll seem..

Era goes downstairs to the dining room and runs her hand across Neshon's back. He grabs her hand quickly.

'what's wrong with you? You know we can't be doing that in public. She might see us.' Neshon whispers.

Era rolls her eyes. She resents the fact that Neshon still chooses her, she's stronger than Meli in so many ways. Meli just happens to be the leader, but that can always change.

'yeah yeah I know, she's in her room though. I checked. Besides, any of the help tries to talk I'll kill them. I'm sure what I do with my pussy isn't worth their lives.' Era says rolling her eyes.

Silence covers the room. Era laughs and jumps on the table. She crawls to Neshon while he finishes up his plate. The butler takes his plate and Neshon sits back with his glass of wine.

Era opens her legs in front of him.

'I got something that you can eat.' She says with a smile.

Neshon gives her a very unimpressed gaze. He quickly finishes his wine and walks towards the door.

'I'm going to shower.' He says

Era gets off the table. She makes up her mind, she's going to go tell Meli about her and Neshon. Once she tells her that he used his power to make her comply to his needs. Meli won't have any choice but to toss him to the side. Then, they will rise up and take the whole gang from her. Era gives the butler the 'shhhh' signal & goes upstairs to Meli's bedroom.

Era knocks on Meli's door and hears Meli tell her to come in. Meli notices that Era looks uncomfortable and disoriented. She goes to her and sits her down. She offers her a shot of Hennessy and a cup of water. Era takes the shot the drinks some water. Before Meli could even ask what's wrong, Era bursts into tears. Half real & half fake she gets emotional as she tells Meli what's been going on.

'I've always been the strongest of all your officers. I fought my way to get here. No man could tell me that I was inferior, or that I needed to depend on hi-' area starts. Meli cuts her off.

'everyone has something that makes them feel weak. Whether it's some thing, or some body. You made it here through your own strength, not anyone else's. You shouldn't feel dependent on any-' Meli stops after Era starts crying harder. Meli's words are making her regret even saying anything but even madder at herself for thinking to sabotage her. Especially for a man who doesn't deserve her. Either one of them.