Chapter 8: Regrets & Rebirths

Noremac Hideout
Brownsville, Ny
6am

Irie is in her room looking out the balcony at the rising sun. She reflects on what just happened. Ike walks in laughing.

"Aw man sis, can't say I didn't tell ya so." Ike says.

Irie looks at Ike with a serious face.

"Fake ass nino brown? I told you I was gonna kill that mother fucker and I did." He says.

Ike reaches over and grabs the rolling tray.

Ike laughs. "I could never let a man who tucks in his turtleneck ever play me." He says.

As Ike reaches across irie to grab the weed she grabs his hand and bends it back.

"ah! What the fuck bro?" He yells.

"why didn't you tell me that you knew her?" She asks.

"I know a lot of women, you know you gotta be specific with that sis." Ike says while smiling.

Irie eyes the knife on the table then looks back at Ike.

Ike sighs. "This again? Okay, before you threaten my life, I'll tell you. I met up with her at the black site. She escaped and came back to town. Sorry I didn't inform you sis, I'm a busy man, I can't inform you about everything I do out here." He says.

"that's not the point. That little detail you left out, created a huge problem. As usual, I have to clean it up." Irie says.

Ike lights the blunt and looks out at the sun.

"you know what your problem is.. you can't handle not having control. You thought this whole time that you were just going to take over Brooklyn unopposed, with the manpower we have? We barely have enough new recruits because once they trip the wrong way or their "hail hitler" isn't enthusiastic enough. You kill them. We have more useless deaths on base due to you and your fucked up attitude & you think me not telling you something is the worst of our problems right now?" Ike says angrily.

"my fucked up attitude has kept all of us alive for this long. Fact of the matter is that you're wrong. The enemy was able to get one up on us and you let them." She says.

"the enemy? Oh you mean the people who got the same tip you did about money being in forest hills? By the way sis, who tipped you off about that?" He says.

Irie who always has an argument is silent. She can't argue with that because it was Neshon who told her about the money.

"exactly. Fact of the matter is that you're wrong. So busy counting everyone else's sins you forget about your own." He says.

Ike passes Irie the blunt and stands up to leave.

"well if everyone around me wasn't so incompetent then I wouldn't have so much to do." Irie says with an annoyed tone.

Ike turns around at the door.

"well, I'll make your back just a little bit lighter, Atlas. My sins are my own to count." Ike says.

Ike turns and exits the hideout. Irie scoffs and hits the spliff. Having mix feelings isn't normal of Irie. She knows she's responsible for the death of not only Noremac's but also possibly Neshon. If they never would've went the Retlas would've gotten ambushed on their own. Irie has to think of a plan quick, she shakes off the feelings from before and ponders what her next move is.

RETLAS Hideout
Bedstuy, Ny
6:30am

Suri, who was cut in the shoulder is getting stitches from Osal. Norach is sitting in the corner fuming.