Chapter 12: It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

Royals Hideout
East Harlem, Ny
3am
Same night

Suri and Norach are at the back of the Royals HQ. Suri opens the bag and the snakes slither out. They head to avaricious buildings and start their ambush mission. It's just too quiet for Suri's liking. Suri and Norach cut a hole in the back gate and stealthily make their way to the side of the HQ building. They shape-shift into flies and crawl between the grooves of the window. They split up and make their way up to the top. They each take a staircase & each canvas every other floor until they get to the top. Everything is relatively quiet until they get up to the top floor. They see about 5 men walking down the hall, going towards a conference room and the end. Suri and Norach land on the back of the last guys coat and fly into a corner once inside the room. Seated are all the commanders under the Royals regime & most importantly Dion.

Dion slams his fist onto the desk as they pull up the live footage from RETLAS HQ.

'we're getting destroyed... no sight of Suri yet either?' Dion asks.

'no not yet, we caught a glimpse of them on the rooftop earlier but we haven't had eyes in the since' one of the commanders reply.

Dion growls in an almost animalistic manner. He rings a bell under the table and a butler comes in with a plate full of what looks like human arms and legs. The people sitting around the table look on in disgust as they watch him eat. Norach takes a look around the room & notices many neck mounts of various different animals & people. The smell of the room becomes almost too much as another person starts to speak.

'we seem to be losing this war. Should we bring our troops back in?' Another commander asks.

'no...' Dion says with a mouthful of food

He swallows & continues

'release the Orph. They'll handle this quickly.' Dion says.

The commander pushes a button on his jacket & an alarm rings in a nearby building.

'they should be on their way in t-minus 2 minutes. They have an estimated travel time of  25 minutes... or less if they take the other chopper. We should hear it start it's engine any second now.' The commander says.

Silence.

Dion continues eating as he has confidence in his strongest team. They haven't failed him yet  & are the strong core that defends Dion. Little do they know that Nighthawk already killed the men in their sleep. Dion stands and opens a nearby window. As he sits to continue watching the film, a group of flies wander in & start to hover around the human remains. He starts to swat them away & they all fly up to meet Suri and Norach. On the screen they see the Retlas slaughtering the Royals army effortlessly. Dion drops the leg and angrily throws the plate across the room. He notices that it's still too quiet & looks out the window towards where the Orph are supposed to deploy. His head starts to steam, then his arms and hands. The commanders quickly get up & cower by the door. Dion starts to almost grow taller as his muscles triple in size. His rage is the most feared behind Irie's. She's unpredictable, he's just bloodthirsty. With remarkable speed for his size he gets to the door & grabs a commander. Holding her above his head he rips her apart & eats her intestine like spaghetti. One of the commanders pass out as Dion laughs.

'now, tell Orph to get a move on before I have commander soup tonight.' Dion says.

They all scramble out.

3 of the flies follow them out the door. Suri Norach & two Nighthawk, stay in the conference room with Dion. Waiting on the perfect moment to strike. Dion's muscles start going back to normal, looking like a ballon who's air is slowly seeping out. This is the perfect opportunity to subdue him. The two Nighthawk turn into anacondas and slither across the beams above the room. Once positioned over Dion, one grabs him by his neck and lifts him up as the other wraps itself around his wrists. Norach shapes shifts into his human form and slices the back of Dion's ankles. Suri jumps down and lands in her human form. Dion yells in pain.