3. Discord

-I don't know
Why does love do this to me?
I don't know
I don't know-

I opened the door to the house and everything seemed to have calmed down. By calmed down I mean dad would have gone for a long drive and he probably won't be back till later. Mum was in the kitchen reheating leftovers for dinner.

"Hey mum," I said, so she knew I was home.

"Hey hone- Y/n what happened to your knees?" She said, concerned about the bandages.

"Oh I just fell off, nothing major, I can still walk, I'll be fine," I said, making sure she knew it wasn't a big deal.

"You can barely walk what the fuck do you mean you're fine," She said in a joking manner.

"Mum I'm fine I will walk it off," I said. "I'm gonna go call Niko," I said before leaving.

I limped upstairs and leaned my board against the wall. Slowly, I lowered myself onto my bed and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

I pressed on Nikos contact and the phone rang for about 20 seconds before he picked up.

"Hellooo" He half-shouted into the phone.

"Oi we're gonna have to reschedule to next weekend," I said getting straight to the point.

We had originally planned to climb up Mount Eden (Maungawhau(Maori name)) (A volcano) and have a picnic but that's definitely not happening.

"Wait why?" He questioned.

"I accidentally rode into this boy at the skatepark and ate shit, now I can barely walk" I explained.

All I heard from the other end was Nikos hyena-like laughing. I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit with him.

"Was he cute?" He suddenly asked.

"NIKO!" I shouted.

"What?! It's a valid question" He replied.

"I am not talking to you about this" I sighed.

"Ohhhh Y/n's got a cruushhh" He sang.

"I will hang up" I threatened.

"What's that gonna do. I bet-"

I ended the call before he could finish what he was going to say. I threw my phone down on my bed. My knees started throbbing in pain and I quickly grabbed some painkillers from my bedside table. I put two in my mouth and chugged some water after.

I remembered the Algebra and Digital technologies homework (I believe digital technologies is similar to computer science or something. Idk I don't take it) I decided to not do it and I opened my laptop and started up Minecraft.

I had only just brought it a few days ago and this would be my first time playing. Well not actually. I used to play with Niko all the time but that was years ago.

I started a brand new survival world and spawned in a desert. Fucking perfect. I ran around until I came across a plains biome.

I had done all the basic starter things like build a small shack by the time my mum called me down to dinner. I hobbled downstairs, holding onto the walls so my legs wouldn't buckle under my weight.

We both sat at the table eating leftover lamb roast and baked potatoes. Mum asked the usual questions like how was school, what did you learn?

I thanked mum for dinner and put my plate in the sink. I carefully walked back upstairs and stared at my backpack, having a mental debate on whether I should actually be responsible and do homework or if I should just do what I did before and ignore it. I ended up choosing the latter and making my way to my bed.

I scrolled through my phone for a while and I noticed a notification banner pop up at the top of my screen.

It was a discord notification. I clicked on it and it showed me a new friend request.

Tommyinnit#6090 has requested to be your friend.

(Dunno if that's what it looks like, I don't use Discord much)

I accepted the request and it took me to our messages. I saw Tommy was typing and within seconds there was a message.

This is the very beginning of your legendary conversation with Tommy

Tommy

This is Y/n right?

Y/n

Hey! Yea that's me

Tommy

Sorry if this is a little too personal but do you go to Auckland High School?

(Remember, made up school)

Y/n

No, you're fine, yea I do

Tommy

Oh thank god, I was hoping you did so I wouldn't be completely clueless about how everything works

Y/n

Ofc I can show you around and stuff

Tommy

Awesome is there anywhere we can meet?"

Y/n

Meet me outside the office, it's the big white building right as you walk into the school

Tommy

Ok see you Monday then

Y/n

C'ya

I smiled at the messages. I was excited to have a possible new friend.

A/N:

751 words

Helloooo. Yea once again have no idea what to say except YOU ARE VALID AND YOU ARE LOVED. REMEMBER TO EAT, DRINK WATER, TAKE YOUR MEDS AND GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP. I APPRECIATE YOU <3