Chapter 07

┏━━━༻☆༺━━━┓

𝚁𝚎𝚗

┗━━━༻☆༺━━━┛

𝘛𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Ren surveyed his supplier, startled and mildly flustered. He couldn't believe that he was just topped by a florist, of all people. Fate, it seemed, was being unkind to him.

To his dismay, Ren found that he was defenceless and unable to move his arms. He was pinned down, utterly and completely with no way to cover the furious blush that slowly crept across his face. Ren was at his opponent's mercy.

To him, it was... amazing to feel like this after so long, after Trixcia had come and gone. It was exhilarating, despite his underlying outrage at not ending up on top. At not being the perpetrator of this physical reaction he was experiencing now.

Regardless, a cold breeze—and a chime from his phone—told him it was time for reality to make its reappearance. There was no time for nonsensical fantasies.

In his current state, Ren struggled to form coherent sentences. He needed to get free of this florist's grip. If he didn't... Ren didn't stop to think of what he would do. He wouldn't fail his mission because of a guy who sold flowers and elixirs for a living.

"What are you trying to do, stopping me from shooting that guard? Who do you think you are, a hero?" His voice came out huskier than he intended. However, he still took his supplier by surprise. That moment of hesitation was all Ren needed to escape. He let his instincts take control, turning the tides so that he was the one topping that damned florist. He licked his lips with satisfaction.

Ren inclined his head towards Lennox, resolute on scaring him off. "Don't ever get in my way again," he breathed, allowing his tongue to graze the florist's ear ever so slightly. "Act otherwise, and you will pay. With your life." He backed off, retrieved what he owed his supplier, and promptly dropped it on him. Ren's mouth spread wide as he witnessed the response that had been drawn from himself moments earlier. It was high time for this florist to feel flustered.

After all, it was his fault that Ren was behind schedule.

He reclaimed his handgun, disappointed to find a dent in its metal hide. The infuriating florist left, and the redhead could finally set about setting up his sniper rifle. After all, this was what he came here for. To kill someone.

Everything was in place, all he needed was Mitsan's text to pull the trigger at the most impactful second possible. Right before the target left the stage. Or tried to, for that matter. Wade Carson was trapped, he just didn't know it yet.

And then something that Ren foresaw occurred right before his eyes. Lennox was back. It was so predictable for him to come back to save his old man. He hastily draped the rifle with its cover.

"You again. I thought I warned you not to get in my way," Ren said flatly. He didn't have time for this.

Lennox denied it, but the sniper wouldn't be so easily convinced. His words were nothing but excuses.

Ren thought it best to warn him against crossing him. "Whatever. But if I find out you're lying..." He gripped his weapon, prepared to injure if need be. He was at the end of his rope.

The florist was jeopardising the entire mission just by being there. Ren had to ensure he stayed silent.

Suddenly, Ren found himself being forced backwards by Lennox, stumbling back towards the roof's lip. "Hey—what are you doing?" He tried to reach for his firearm again but was stopped in his tracks. Ren's gun was flung aside; it was useless to him.