Chapter 11

┏━━━༻✿༺━━━┓

┏━━━༻✿༺━━━┓

𝙻𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚡

┗━━━༻✿༺━━━┛

𝘚𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 20𝘵𝘩, 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

Lennox shifted around in a set of silk sheets, his mahogany king-sized bed creaking and groaning beneath his weight.

Consciousness began to poke at him, his dream ebbing away as his eyes fluttered open like a scene in a cliche movie. The blond blinked, once, twice, not recalling what caused him to sit awake in that bed. He felt confused. Wasn't he just... Wait. He couldn't recall where he had been yesterday. And the day before that was foggy at best.

Leaping out of bed, Lennox cast his sheets aside. He was wearing the clothes he used when going out on dealings. It meant he was brought here. But by whom?

Then he remembered his phone. Surely something on it could help him piece together what happened? Lennox surveyed his texts from the past two days, pacing around his room. There was indeed a conversation involving a T exchange, but nothing more. He pulled up the news feeds, a particular story catching his interest.

'Exhibitionists: Lovers Canoodle Above a Verita Aser Gathering'.

His father's name appeared in the article, and Lennox chose to read on.

'This bold pair was seen Tuesday night frolicking atop the glass roof of The Happenstance, where a party honouring Wade Carson as Commander of the 23rd regiment was being held. Spectators say that one of them was the Commander's son, Lennox Kendrick-Carson. It is hard to tell whether his partner was female or male, as the figure had dark hair with a hood obscuring their face. A security guard was able to see the couple—up close and personal—and was willing to be interviewed.

"'Aye, one of them was blond, with freckles and green eyes. I chased him up the roof, but the young 'un was faster than me. When I caught up, he was on top of this guy in his twenties. At least, I think he's a guy. I didn't have that good of a look. Whoever they were, I hope they're happy together, but they need to stop going on top of roofs. It's dangerous, especially in times like these. We don't want the next generation to be dead n' gone before they have a chance to live properly."

And Bob's your uncle! The son of a prominent Verita family, dragging their name through the muck. Not to mention, he hasn't been seen since that scandalous night. Did his lover kidnap him... or did something worse befall Mr. Kendrick-Carson? News Station 9 will keep you posted on this and every other piece of juicy war gossip in London!'

Lennox studied the picture that accompanied the article. It was definitely him, but why was he with this stranger? He wasn't in a relationship, so what was he doing on that rooftop? And it still didn't explain his whereabouts yesterday. He clearly hadn't been home. Perhaps Chase would have some answers for him.