Chapter 3

KAYLEIN'S POV

I follow Merek out of his tent and my eyes are glued to his backside. His cheeks are tight and slightly bounce a bit as he makes his way to a giant tub behind the tents. He orders the few men who aren't ravishing Alainne, Gemma and Chloe, to heat up some water for his bath.

I do my best to cover up my chest since Merek ripped my chemise as the men pass me while filling up the tub. When the tub is half way full, Merek gets inside. He points to a rack that holds a cloth. I take it and return to his side. I wet the cloth and slowly clean his chest.

"May I ask you something?" I whisper as I run the cloth over his abdomen.

"Go ahead." he whispers back.

"Why didn't you press forward when we were in your tent?"

He looks over at me with amusement written on his face. "Did you wish for me to?"

I furiously shake my head no. "I am...I mean I have never done that before."

I hold my head down in shame. I feel Merek place his index finger under my chin. He raises my head so that I am looking at him.

"Nothing to be ashamed of. When you're ready, come to me and you'll know pleasure beyond anything you've felt in your life."

His words shock me. I would never imagined a man like him deflowering me. When Lief learned of my inexperience he promised he would be the one and only to feel my body writhed beneath his. He told me that hearing me scream out his name would give him the greatest pleasure.

I felt tears well up as now that would never come to pass. This barbarian was going to take my innocence and there was nothing I could do about it.

MEREK'S POV

I loved that this girl was so shy. I know there was a wild woman beneath her facade and I couldn't wait to see it. After my bath I get out of the tub and attempt to pull Kaylein with me toward my tent but she stops me.

When I look down at her she is looking in the direction of the tree where the other girls had been chained. Of course the women weren't there.

"What troubles you?" I ask in a concerned tone as she is rooted to her spot.

"The girls...they don't deserve what your men are doing to them." she musters in a somewhat brave voice.

I chuckle. "Kaylein, women were made for sex. My men will not fight for me if I do not provide for their basic needs: food, shelter and sex."

She spins to me and the look on her face tells me she is not pleased with the words that left my mouth. I could not take them back, nor would I as I speak what I feel.

"Merek please, call your men off." she begs.

I feel a tingle as my name leaves her lips. I growl at her begging me but I call the men who are using Kaylein's friends for their sexual gratification. They emerge from the tents and I tell them to leave the women alone for the night.

Most are disappointed but they follow my orders. They take the girls back to the tree and rechain them. I look to Kaylein who is looking at the girls, who are all naked and clutching one another, each crying softly at their recent experience.

"Satisfied?" I ask her.

She whips back to me with a frown. "NO! I am not satisfied. I would be satisfied if I were home, safe!"

I widen my arms at her statement motioning at the place I call a temporary home. "You do not feel safe here? Men, Kaylein does not feel safe here! What should we do about that?!"

My men laugh at my comment.

She frowns. "You mock me!"

"Listen beautiful, you may not want to believe me but you are safe with me. Now, come with me."

I reach my hand to her and she apprehensively places her hand in mine. I look to my men as they head to the dining table to eat what is left our food supply.

"Once you have filled your bellies, sleep. We ride out in the morning to gather food." I tell the men.

I pull Kaylein to my tent and once inside I lie in my cot. I watch her look everywhere except in my direction. I pat the empty space next to me on the cot.

"Come sit."

She sits down next to me but turns her back to me. I smirk as I sit up slightly and move closer to her. I move her hair over her shoulder and place my lips on her smooth skin. She yelps at the contact and jumps away from me.

"Kaylein, come back here." I command.

She does so and I kiss her shoulder once more. She squirms in front of me and I can tell she is nervous.

"Relax my dear. I can tell you're not ready but I just want to be near you." I breath against her skin.

I place my hand on her shoulder and gently pull her down onto her back. Her eyes are wide and her breath is erratic as I kiss her neck, travel down her chest and I grip her small breasts while kissing down her stomach which I kiss through her ripped fabric.

"I don't think I have seen a woman with more beauty than the one lying before me." I confess and kiss my way back up Kaylein's body.

I move my head inches from hers and scan over her face. Her eyes are wet and I can see she is fighting tears. I also glance down at her lips and see her nibbling on her bottom lip.

I couldn't resist any longer and dipped my head to hers, capturing her lips in a kiss. Kaylein freezes and stills as my larger lips crash on hers.

Then I hear her moan and I smile while pushing my tongue into her mouth. She gasps in surprise and allows me entrance. I pull her body tightly into mine and she moves her arms to my shoulders. I knew she would respond to me in a matter of time.

Once I pulled away from her, Kaylein opens her tightly shut eyes. I smile down at her and caress her hair.

"I want you Kaylein." I tell her, knowing she can feel my naked, erect manhood on her leg.

She looks up at me with fear in her eyes. "I'm scared." she whispers.

"Are you scared of me?"

She nods.

"Are you scared that I would hurt you, because I would rather die than do that."

Her bright hazel eyes widen the biggest I've ever seen them go at my words. I continue to run my fingers through her hair.

"I would like to make a proposition for you. It will guarantee your safety here. No other man will touch you and I will also get something out of the deal."

"What do you speak of?" she asks me while watching me as I study her face.

I take a deep breath. "Kaylein, I want to take you as my bride."

LORD WALTER'S POV

I slammed my fist down on the table as I sat before parliament.

"Damn it, I am not going to bury my son. I have more than enough men willing to fight for me so send half to Froloin to help him!"

The men in the room jump at my outburst. They whisper amongst themselves as the head of parliament speaks up.

"Lord Walter, you made a decree that any village unwilling to accept you as their Lord and sovereign leader, would forfeit protection of your army. You plan to go against your own law?"

I shake my head, which sends hairs not matted down by my crown, flying around my face. "For my son? YES! Now, gather my finest men and have them ready to ride out by sunrise!"

Before the men could object I leave the room and head to my chambers. I knew I should have executed that brute Merek instead of exiling him. But no, my compassionate wife had to convince me to spare his life. If Lief came across him in battle, he would be joining her in Heaven. The thought caused me to break down.