06

the two gangs are standing on opposite sides of the junkyard. you watch as someone from toman and someone from valhalla step up to the middle. narrowing your eyes, you take a good look at the member from valhalla. your eyes widen.

"kazutora?!" you nearly yell, but clasp your hand over your mouth, muffling your own words. thankfully, the brothers didn't notice your shock.

kazutora. the man who killed your savior. who killed the man who took you in when you had nothing. you should probably hate him, but you don't.

while deep in thought, you don't notice when he looks up at you, shock adorning his face. draken, who is not standing that far away, follows his gaze to where you are sitting with the haitani brothers, staring at the sky – lost in thought.

they both tear their eyes away and the battle commences.

you come back to your senses and glance down to see how things are going, fixing your attention on where kazutora is lunging at mikey, but his attack is stopped by draken's arm. words that you cannot hear are exchanged, and suddenly, hanma appears, kicking draken away.

once again, you look away to glance at the brothers sitting next to you, finding them staring into the mass below.

"did you come here to spectate the fight, or are you going to spectate us the entire time?" ran suddenly asks, both him and rindou glancing over at you.

caught in the act, you blush and look away, denying it with a shake of your head. rindou scoffs while ran laughs at your reaction, all three of you looking back at the fight.

a small smile spreads across your face as you watch the toman members get back up and continue fighting, takemichi makes a scene that catches your attention, so you look away from kazutora and mikey to fixate on him.

yawning, you throw your head back to look at the sky, then you feel someone grab you by your arm.

"what-"

"the fuck."

"hey-" you're being dragged away from your seat, an unknown person yanking you along with them. you try to look back at the brothers for help, but stop yourself. why would they help you?

as you are dragged down, you can see everything clearer now. mikey is being held back by two men as kazutora hits him in the head with a weapon. you want to scream, but your body will barely move.

"keep moving girlie, you're our key to winning this battle." of course, people know your name. being close friends with a notorious gang leader will surely put you in danger.

there's more commotion from where mikey is, but now when you look up, your brother is standing there with mikey. you're about to cringe when someone comes up from behind him and attacks him.

baji. the one time you actually like him.

"WAIT! MIKEY!" someone very close to you yells at him, and a sharp object is placed near your throat. gulping, you glance down. holy fuck, there's a knife being held to your throat.

the entire junkyard looks at you, even mikey, who is in the midst of slipping in and out of consciousness.

you can't hear him but he mouths something along the lines of your name.

kazutora watches this happen from afar, a knife settled in the palm of his own hand. he ponders over his options, glancing between where baji stands and where you are, being held by one of his own gang members, trying to look strong despite how much you're trembling.

seeing that mikey is unable to help you, you look around for anyone else with pleading eyes. no one from toman will help you, so you choose your last resort.

kazutora ditches the thought of killing baji when his eyes meet yours. jumping down from where he is standing atop the mass of junk, he charges towards you and your captivator.

"hands off!" he yells, plunging the knife deep into the man's abdomen.

immediately, you are released, the knife dropped from your neck and your body falls forward. you catch yourself and grab the knife that was dropped.

someone grabs your wrist, pulling you to them and cupping your face, "are you okay?"

you raise your eyes to see kazutora's worried face.

UNEDITED.

a/n: it's almost 3am and i have to get up at 6am for school- but i can't FUCKING SLEEP.

anyway go kazu go