28

the night is calm as everyone heads back to their own separate rooms, leaving you alone in your room. reaching into the pocket of your sweatpants, your hand hits something. wrapping your fingers around it, you pull it out of your pocket, bringing it into the light so you can get a better look at it.

it's a bottle of pills. with a note attached to it.

detaching the note from the bottle, you unfold it and begin to read.

'sorry for not informing you of this at the hospital, i didn't want any of your friends to know. since a traumatic injury has been inflicted onto your brain, you may start to see things, like hallucinations. these pills will help you with that, i wish you well.'

oh. you were wondering why you could see your dead brother staring at you from the corner of your room. placing the note in the trash, you grab the pill bottle and walk to your bathroom. reading the writing on the bottle, it says you should take one right when you wake up and one before you sleep.

but you missed something on the note.

'-also, if you ever hear any voices, or if any hallucinations talk. do not listen.'

you didn't read that part.

"you know they all probably hate you, right?" your brother has entered the bathroom, standing right beside you while staring at the mirror. swallowing the pill, you hope he will disappear, but he just continues to stare at you.

"go away..." you mutter, gripping the handle to the sink. kisaki smirks at you, opening his mouth to speak again.

"it's a repeat of toman, they're probably just treating you nice because of mikey...or maybe out of pity-"

"GO AWAY!" grabbing the nearest thing, which happens to be a bar of soap, you throw at his head, but he just disappears and the soap hits the wall.

after hearing your yelling, one of the boys rushes into your room, frantically searching for your location before walking into your bathroom hesitantly, seeing you slumped against the wall.

"y/n! are you okay?!" kakucho kneels down beside you, searching for any injuries, but there are none. well, no visible injuries.

"i'm fine." you answer simply, "just help me to my bed, i'm tired." he nods, helping you from the ground before leading you out of the bathroom, shutting off the lights as the two of you enter your bedroom again.

he lays you down on the bed before turning all the lights off, allowing you to get comfortable.

"thanks..." you mutter, hearing him open the door.

"don't mention it." he tells you, "goodnight, y/n, love you..." he says before walking out of your room, shutting the door behind him. you hum softly in response, staring into the darkness of your room.

"do you really trust them? or can they really trust you? are you just going to betray all of them again?!" your brother voices into your mind, but he's just in your head this time.

"i didn't betray... i do trust them..."

"are you sure?! because you've betrayed all of them at least once! and you made up so many excuses just so you wouldn't feel guilty about it! and your trust issues aren't an excuse- or trauma isn't even as bad as half of theirs! you're just fucking horrible, inside AND outside."

after those words sink in, he starts again.

"everyone has always been right, you should just die. the world would be a better place without you. everyone hates you." you clench the sheets in your hands before sitting up suddenly, eyes widen. the dark circles under your eyes are going to come back soon if this keeps up.

you're opening your mouth to retort against his statement when his last words hit you. all your life, no matter where you went, people have always hated you.

"oh my fucking god! i just woke up from a fucking two year coma! leave me alone, let me live a peaceful life goddammit!" you lower your voice to not attract attention, you don't know what you're speaking to. you're not speaking to anything. it's all in your head.

hours pass with you just arguing until the sun peeks through your window. when you open the curtains, you notice it is already high in the sky.

"'fuck-"

"y/n, breakfast is ready." kakucho says through the door, only knocking before speaking and not barging in.

"o-okay, i'll be right down! let me do something!" you yell back, and he gives you a simple 'okay' before leaving you to yourself. rushing to the bathroom, you grab the pill bottle that is still sitting on the sink. twisting it open, you pour two out into your hand. an extra one wouldn't hurt. since he won't leave you the fuck alone.

"i look like shit." you mutter, pulling a hoodie over your head before walking out of your room and down to the kitchen.

you really hope they don't notice anything is wrong.

and you really need to ask the doctor for stronger medications.

UNEDITED.

a/n: honestly, this twist is kind of unexpected, i just thought of it. the main reason i wrote is to lengthen the plot and bc the hallucinations and voices will make y/n THINK everyone hates her, but in reality she is loved, but she can't come to accept that/isn't aware of it.

also if she isn't a little crazy or not mentally stable, how will she fit in with bonten? if she survives long enough to join that is (;