All the kids are depressed

tw // Suicide, mentions of depression.

!! SKIP IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU !!

All the kids are depressed, they said. What followed was not a grieving silence but an obscene laughter. The laughter was a dagger to our already bleeding wounds. It was the proof that we weren't being taken seriously, and being depressed was considered a teenage trend. 

We stood there as they roared in laughter, our bleeding hands dripping with the guilt, the sorrow and the regret. Some fell, gave up because they knew that laughter won't ever stop. 

Admiring oneself in the mirror became rare, instead tugging the corners of our parched lips forcefully upwards to make this cruel world believe that we were fine was what we did now. Throats went dry screaming for help, cheeks stained from dried tears. Head pounding with unending expectations and burdens of this oh so perfect world. Our soul had died long ago, a weakling you see. A weak piece of me that listened to the heart and gave up. Meanwhile the physical me kept pushing myself into the world. 

It felt useless when their eyes went wide from the force we put on the wall around us. The fragile wall of lies that surrounded us, kept us safe had started falling apart. 

Watching the souls depart, we stand strong still. We're waiting for the obscene laughter to die down and notice our bleeding arms.