Rare

"If love is madness, may I never find sanity again"

- John Mark Green

As a teenager we all go through a phase of reading romance novels, the perfect teenage dream. It feels almost touchable and shocking how you can almost feel everything the author describes. Is it the author's talent or your desire? Was it the author's immense talent that made your skin tingle when they talked about the wintery chill in the book or your desire to fall back in the intense snow, coating your life white as a plain sheet of paper. Was it the author's talent that got you thinking of visiting the mountains or your desire to take the forever stored adrenaline out on a walk?

Was it the author that made you notice the guy in your class or was it love? Love is a strong word, a claim. A claim of something no one ever makes if they're not sure. Love is a mere four letter word, but can outdo a four thousand letter essay. Just one small word, heart strings tighten, harps play and the birds chirp with one single word. The word that holds immense power, used to often that it looks like a ragged doll.

The crazy world running around looking for love, if it were this easy to find, it wouldn't be scarce in the first place. You see the waves of people rushing beside you, the havoc they call life making you dizzy, the pressure, the work, the expectations pushing you further into the void of loneliness and self-doubt.

That is until you look up and see a hand reaching out to you, pulling you out of your misery and making you a new person again. This time when the world gets too much, you feel a pair of hands hold you up like the moon pushing the waves in the ocean further. They never question you, they criticize you for your wrongs and praise you for your rights. You never feel lonely with them and there's always something interesting to talk about with them

You start feeling like home when you're with them and then it hits you, this is love. You aren't going crazy in the whirlwind of life, they keep you grounded through the storm, preventing you from uprooting in the process. All the voids you fell into before vanish and you feel like you're in middle of a lavender field.

Life made you fall back, only to be held up my them and never fall again.

Love is rare, but once you find it, you realize why.

It happens only once, and you're lucky it happened to you.