CHAPTER 5

"Brother, I don't-"
"Elijah don't," Niklaus says, cutting him off," I want her to leave, she took my daughter away from me!"

Caroline looks at him, tears falling down her cheeks as she feels his pain, the pain she has caused him. She reluctantly nods her head then hands each family member a letter, leaving her holding the one which has her name on it.

"I'm sorry," Caroline says, taking a step towards Niklaus. She then proceeds to walk over to him and hug him. Surprisingly he doesn't stop her.

Tears escape his eyes, freely falling down his cheeks as she holds him, hating how he can feel the sparks  from her touch at a time like this, hating how the simple hug comforts him in a way he knows nothing else can.
Caroline then breaks the hug and vamp speeds off.

Katherine ad Bonnie apologize to the family then go after Caroline.

Niklaus makes his way to his littlest wolf's lifeless body. He kneels down besides her and lets out a menacing growl, yellow replacing the blue-green color of his eyes. He then proceeds to take his fallen child's body inside. Then from there he shifts and leaves with Elijah closely behind to clean up after him.

Kol,Freya,Rebecca and Marcel remain outside, crying for the loss of their niece, their hope as they hold the letters.

They then enter the house and secure their letters in safe places. Rebecca puts Niklaus' letter in Hope's drawer. When she exits the room, she finds her siblings, save for Niklaus and Elijah, drowning their sorrow and grief  in alcohol, waiting for the absent members of the family. She joins the party, though as the strongest vampires alive they can never truly get drunk.

...

Katherine and Bonnie find Caroline at the apartment they share. As soon as they see her, they engulf her with a hug.

"I want to leave," she says, barely above a whisper, breaking the hug.

"To where?" They say simultaneously, shock evident on both their faces.

"Anywhere," she says, "I just can't be here."

"Okay, when do we leave?" Bonnie says looking at the blonde.

"I can't let you guys come with me," Caroline says, looking down.

"What do you mean by 'You can't let us come with ' Caroline," Katherine asks, not even trying to hide the anger in her voice.

"I've ruined enough lives," she says," I refuse to ruin more."

"You are family Caroline," Bonnie says

"...and families don't desert each other,' continues a calmer Katherine.

They hear a loud howl soon after that. Caroline walks to the window and looks out, searching.

"What are you looking for?" Katherine asks

"Nothing," Caroline says, "I just thought. Nevermind," she says and they fall into a comfortable silence.

"Do you think it ever gets better?" Caroline suddenly asks.

"Maybe," answers Bonnie after a brief pause.

"Okay," she says

A/n
Hello🙂
So probably the shortest chapter I've written so far. I apologize. A lot has been going on but yeah, I had given my word that I'd update today, so yeah. I'm sorry and hopefully I'll manage to update more soon.✨✨