CHAPTER 6

weeks later...

In his study, Niklaus smashes another glass of alcohol against the wall, something he seems to do daily since she left, or more correctly since he sent her away.

He hates it ; the fact that he can never get his daughter back, he hates every instinct urging him to go to Caroline and having to fight those urges daily.

 ...

"Brother," says Kol as he enters the room.

"Leave!" booms Niklaus' voice, "I wish to be alone," he continues.

"Then what?" Kol counters,"I leave, then you drink yet another day away?"

"Kol," warns Niklaus.

"What Niklaus?" responds Kol as he walks towards him, takes the bottle of bourbon from the floor and smashes it against the same wall Niklaus attacked with the glass.

"If this is how we deal with our grief i might as well join in right?" shouts Kol as he grabs another bottle of bourbon and assaults the wall. He goes on to grab another bottle of bourbon and it meets the same fate.

"Kol stop!" Klaus shouts.

"Why should I?" Kol shouts back as he grabs an empty glass on the table and aims it at the wall. "I'm also grieving Niklaus," he shouts, "We all are," he continues

"Kol i... i can't feel it ," Niklaus says in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Feel what?" Kol asks, confused.

"Her grief. It is as though she - "

"What do you mean?"

"I can't feel her grief Kol, her longing. " Niklaus says, "Caroline, she ... something is wrong" Niklaus continues.

"I thought you didn't care," mocks Kol, "Did we not agree that she robbed you?"

Niklaus gives him death glares then vamp speeds out of the room. He makes his way to his art room for the first time in weeks, if not months. He goes straight to his sketch book, grabs a pencil then lets his hand work.

"Brother," Elijah suddenly says from behind him. "Kol informed us. I have already called the witch, Sofia, she is on her way"

Niklaus nods his head and with that Elijah exits.

...

"Do you think Caroline will find out about this?" Bonnie whispers to Katherine as she drives the car.

"She wont," Katherine says ,"Even if she does she will understand that it was necessary. We couldn't let her continue living the way she was, " she continues

"Katherine," Bonnie whispers again, checking on the unconscious Caroline at the backseat.

"Yeah?" whispers Katherine.

"What if Klaus finds out?"

"Bonnie, when did you start fearing Klaus?"

"Since he found his mate" responds Bonnie

"Calm down Bonnie, no one will know about us erasing her memories okay? Not anytime soon anyways."

...

"What exactly do you mean witch, cause the last time i checked she was mate?" asks Niklaus in a dangerously low voice.

"I mean exactly that, I can't access her mind through you. Something strong is blocking it," Sofia says to Niklaus.

"well, eliminate the problem then," he says .

"Is there anything we can do to help you work faster?" Asks Elijah

"No, not really. If i find anything new i will let you know though," she says, looking at him.

"How long do you need?" Asks Rebecca

"I really do not know," she responds