Chapter 39

Olivia pov

Today was Saturday and we could sleep in, no contractors we had to get up for. They had offered to work on the weekends so they would be done quicker but Chris and I decided we needed a break from all the people in the house. Besides we had a busy day today, we had decided to organize a little get together inviting some of our friends. I woke up looking beside me Chris was still asleep. I smiled he looked so peaceful and it was annoying that even asleep he was just so handsome. I decided to get up not waking Chris.  I walked out of the bedroom to the guestroom with all our clothes Dodger who probably had heard me came running up to me and followed me in the room. I changed into some jeans grabbing one of Chris his hoodies. And after i put on my sneakers i walked to the front door grabbing my coat and Dodgers leash  and walked out the door. 

It was quiet this morning not many people where around and i enjoyed the peace and quiet. I walked a few more miles before i started my way home. When i got closer to the house i saw a few people at the  front of the gate. As i walked closer i could see the big camera's. Great i thought to myself why are they here?  As soon as they saw me they came running Dodger was getting nervous and was getting closer to me. 

"Olivia are you and Chris serious. Olivia are you and Chris living together, are you using him for his fame. Are the sex parts in your book based on Chris. Olivia how is the sex with Chris. How does it feel to have bagged America's most eligible bachelors. Do you think you will survive the Chris Evans one year mark."  Oh god i thought to myself keeping my face as straight as possible.  Say something Olivia another man yelled, they were getting frustrated about not getting answers out of me. Dodger was glued to my leg, getting scared and that was pissing me off. Me and Chris could comprehend what was happening but Dodger had no idea what was going on. 

"Come on guys, you're scaring Dodger can you guys just take a step back please." But they didn't and just kept shoving the cameras in my face the clicking sound making Dodger even more nervous. "Come on guys think about the dog" i yelled "you are scaring him."  I finally reached the gate and pushed the button on the remote control stopping the gate when it was open enough to get trough and closing it immediately. They kept yelling trough the gate, but at least they couldn't get close anymore. I walked trough the door and leaned against it when it had closed. sliding down the door hugging Dodger who was still nervous. 

"Hey what is going on?" Chris asked walking up to me after he heard me come home but not getting into the kitchen. I looked up but after yesterday i was hesitant to say anything, but because of the fact that Dodger was with me i decided to tell him regardless. "Stupid paparazzi" i mumbled. I could feel myself getting emotional. "I asked them to keep there distance because they where scaring Dodger but they just wouldn't step back. They kept yelling their stupid questions freaking out Dodger even more and i had to squeeze my way trough the gate. Because i was scared that they would come onto the property." I hadn't even noticed that tears where running down my cheeks. 

As i look up at him and i can see he is tense, but he put out his hands and as i put my hand in his he pulls me up wrapping me in a hug. "I am sorry baby" he says "i am so sorry."  I finally feel my body relax in his arms safe and sound.  "Its not your fault" i mumble, "and if it was just me i wouldn't care but Dodger was so scared" and i start to cry again. I could feel Chris pull his phone out of his pocket.  He leans against the counter pulling me between his legs, his free arm  wrapped around my neck pulling me into him. 

"Who are you calling?"  i whisper he looks down and kisses my forehead. "My team baby i wanna know if we can do anything about this." I nuzzle my head in his chest finally coming down from the adrenaline surge. I shiver and Chris rubs my up and down my back trying to warm me up. I can hear someone answering the phone. And Chris explains what happened, i couldn't hear what the other person was saying but i could feel him getting more agitated and i took a step back. I decided to  make breakfast to keep myself busy. Chris was now pacing trough the kitchen, Dodger sitting in the doorway following his moves like he was watching a tennis match.