Document I - Gate

Night. A place where silence and darkness reign over the mortals, but tonight it's different. Instead of silence and darkness, this night was reigned by torch lights and the sound of the enraged rain and galloping horses.

In one of these two horses, a dark haired man with similar dark eyes looks behind, as if searching for something in the middle of the darkness, frightened.

In the other horse there's two female figures, both covered by cloaks. An adult and a child, both with light brown hair and yellow eyes.

"Mommy, daddy..." The little girl sobs between cries, clinging tightly to her mother.

"Don't worry, kitty!" Her father reassures her, looking directly at his own daughter. "Mommy and I will take care of一"

Before any other word could be said, a lance envolved with the most violent of dark flames, pierces the father through his back, making him fall off of his horse immediately.

Now lighted by the torches, a figure is perceived. Equipped from head to toe with an almost black armor and a helmet looking like some sort of awful beast. This figure, even if this seems incredibly weird, was running as fast as the horses, approaching them slowly.

The mother, enraged, points her left hand towards them. As she growls, her eyes and said hand start to shine with a scarlet light like magic. "「INFERNAL GRASP」!" Being created out of thin air, a demonic looking hand appears in front of the mother's glowing one. The demonic member extends itself and closes in the figure, enslaving it in its claws.

"I got it!"

Starting from the tip of the fingers and spreading towards the origin point, the demonic hand's flames started to change into darker ones, not just dark ones, but the exact same type of those that killed the father before. As soon as she noticed this, the mother calls off the spell, cutting all pre-existing link between herself and the magic hand.

Still after the horse, as if nothing ever happened, was the armored figure, without a single scratch. Looking ahead at the remaining horse, they whisper some imperceptible words to their prey.

"How?!" The mother exclaims, externalizing her fear into words, as she commands the horse to gallop faster than before.

Reaching a small house, the mother grabs her kid and takes her inside, locking the door behind them.

"Mommy..." The child sobs with her hands to her face.

"Everything's going to be fine, Maki. Mommy promises." Faking a smile, the mother removes the cloak from them both, revealing black cat ears, contrasting with their brown hair. Black tails are also peeking outside the cloaks, sweeping the floor as they slowly move.

"Where's daddy?" The little girl looks around, searching for her missing father.

This makes tears well up on her mother's eyes, that holds her kid with absolute fear of what's to come. And it truly came...

With a simple kick, the door is completely destroyed inviting inside the rain, the moon and... the monster.

"The Jewel, Shirogane." A deep, yet distorted voice, escaped the helmet. "Now."

"I don't have it! I told you before that my parents never gave it to me!"

"Lies so futile won't save you, but maybe the truth will save your daughter." They say, slowly raising their arm towards the crying child.

Looking at Maki, her mother bites her lips, thinking of what to do next. Before something could even be said however, a small and weak fireball hits the beast on the back.