The New Operator

Ahab's POV

After a month and three weeks, I was finally back on my feet thanks to the doctors, nurses, physical therapy, and exercising. It took quite awhile to get used to things because I was in a coma for nine years. I'm thirty-three now but I still look younger than I was nine years ago.

I was packing up my stuff in the hospital room as I waited for the nurse with a wheel chair so I can leave. The first thing I need to do is to find where Rainbow is so I can join to help them out anyway I can.

I heard the door open behind me as I saw the doctor and two nurses and one was wheeling in a wheel chair.

Doctor: "Ready to leave, Sebastian?"

Me: "I'm ready. Thank you for taking care of me all these years. I wouldn't survive if it wasn't for all of you."

Doctor: "You are welcome. I hope you get accepted into Rainbow. They need a super soldier like you."

Me: "Thanks. I hope so too, doc."

Everything was situated as I closed my suit case I had before walking over to the wheel chair as I sat down and the doctor and a nurse grabs my things and they wheeled me out of the room into the hallway and I gave people a nod that also took care of me as well.

We got into a elevator to go down to the lobby and they took me to the exit where the taxi driver is waiting for me.
I get off of the wheel chair as the taxi driver put my things in the trunk and I got in the back.

Taxi driver: "Where you going?"

Me: "Hereford base if you would."

The cab driver nodded starting up his vehicle as we left the hospital. I then realized I forgot to tell Miller who is a friend and second in command of my father.

Me: "Hey, can I use your phone? Mine is out of date."

Taxi Driver: "Sure. Give me second."

He takes it out of his pocket as he typed his password before giving it to me.

Me: "Thanks."

I quickly dialed the number as I waited patiently for him to answer. It took about six rings but he finally picked up.

Miller: "Hello? Who's this?"

Me: "Kaz, it's me."

Miller: "Sebastian! What took you so long?"

Me: "Kept you waiting, huh?"

I heard Miller chuckle causing me to smile because he loves that line from my father and I.

Me: "I was in London in a coma for almost ten years. The doctor and the nurses took care of me. I got to admit I do have the same shrapnel as my father in my right forehead from the helicopter crash nine years ago."

Miller: "Damn, kid. Who shot you guys down? Is any our men still alive?"

Me: "They're gone Kaz. My friends that I loved are gone. I'm the only one alive."

Miller: "I'm sorry, Sebastian. Are you coming home?"

Me: "Not this time. I'm joining Rainbow who are in Hereford to help them with the White Mask. Yes, the White Mask are the ones who shot us down and killed my men. I want to teach them a lesson on why they never should have mess with us Diamond Dogs."

Miller: "I see. Well, if you ever need anything let me know. Tell Rainbow that they have allies in Diamond Dogs that would like to help too."

Me: "I'll tell em. Thanks, Kaz for understanding."