Gearing up for tomorrow

Ahab is in the infirmary getting stitch up by Doc from being stabbed in the chest. He didn't grunt or groan just was daydreaming when Doc was working on him.

Ela sat next to him on a chair texting someone on her phone. Ahab stopped daydreaming as he looked over at her. She's a very beautiful lady, but he doesn't know if she's with someone or not.

Doc: "You're lucky that the knife didn't go through all the way. If it did it could've went into your heart. What were you thinking?"

Ahab: "You probably wouldn't understand, Doc."

Doc clipped the stitches and he puts a bandage over it to cover it up.

Doc: "Your right, I don't. Tell Ela and I then?"

Ahab: "If anyone is to blame for killing our comrades, it is me. I trained my Diamond Dogs better than that. But, your operator Lion was wrong too. It's not about the scoreboard. It's about how you are in battle. The DD was trying to make Lion understand that."

Ela and Doc looked at each other with a smirk than back at Ahab.

Ela: "So you basically blame yourself for the actions of the two. Right?"

Ahab: "Yeah. Diamond Dogs are different. We didn't care what nationality you are or what corps you're in. We treat you like family and you to us. We had the world's attention back then."

Doc: "How long were you in the military, mon ami?"

Ahab: "All my life. I was raised on a mother base off shore. The base and sea felt like home to me."

Ela: "Wait, you've never been to the main land when you were young?"

Ahab: "Well, I did when I was 5, 6 or 7 but I don't remember much of it. Only times I did was going on missions in Afghanistan or Africa."

Ela and Doc looked at each other a bit surprised and felt bad for the man next to him.

Doc: "Where are you're parents?"

Ahab: "Dead. But I don't remember them too much. I only know the person who raised me and he was like a father to me."

Ahab digs through his pocket taking out a photo as he unfolds it and starts to show Ela and Doc the photo.

Doc: "Wait is that..."

Ahab: "Big Boss."

Ela: "No wonder you took Lion down that quick. We never seen anyone fight like that. What fighting skill is that?"

Ahab: "CQC."

She nodded and Doc clipped the stitches then put a bandage on it. Ahab puts on his shirt before getting on his feet.

Doc: "By the way, Ahab?"

Ahab: "Yeah, Doc?"

Doc: "That shrapnel in your head. Does it hurt or damage anything?"

Ahab: "No it doesn't. One problem is that the part of my brain where I know other languages is damaged. Only my native language I can speak."

Doc gave him a nod before giving him some pain killers if the wound starts hurting.

Ela: "Have they tried taking it out?"

Ahab: "Some. Most of it is out but some is still in me. But the shrapnel horn on my head if they've taken it out, I would suffer a brain hemorrhage. So, they left it in. Which is fine, I look more intimidating now in combat."

Ela: "Oh... I see."

Ahab turns over to Doc who was cleaning his counter off with disinfected wipes.

Ahab: "Thanks for stitching me up, Doc."

Doc: "Welcome. Stay a way from knives."

Ahab gets up off the medical bed stretching, and popping his neck.

Ahab: "No promises. I better eat for tomorrow. Thanks for the help, Doc."

Ahab walks out of the infirmary and starts to walk down the hallway to the cafeteria.

Timeskip

Ahab is getting ready for his mission tomorrow in the armory loading his assault rifle mags with bullets and his pistol with tranquilizer darts. After done doing that, he his accessories that are flash grenades, fulton recovery, night vision device, and a few decoy mines.

Ahab: "I'm missing one more thing that could be handy."

???: "What would that be?"

Ahab turns over to the door as he sees Ela and some other girl with blond hair and tattoos on her arms.

Ahab: "How long were you two there?"

Ela: "Just walked in and we saw you getting prepared for your first mission tomorrow."

Ahab nodded before grabbing his fulton recovery putting it on the table next to him. Then the blond lady looks at it and wondered what it does.

???: "Never seen any device like this. What is it?"

Ahab: "Fulton recovery device. It's like a parachute that brings anything and everyone to base. I had to change the codes on it so it can bring the extraction here."

???: "Never heard anything like that."

Ahab: "Of course not. They're's only one military in the world that could do that but it's gone now."

The girl nodded and Ela saw tranquilizers on the table and she picked one up examined it.

Ahab: "Careful with that. If you get poked by it then you will sleep for like an hour."

Ela nodded putting it back onto the table before sitting down on a chair.

Ahab: "Who's your friend, Ela?"

Ela: "Oh, this is my friend Valkyrie. She's the one who got me assigned here."

Ahab: "Nice to meet you, Valkyrie. I'm Ahab, and I hope one day we get to work with each other."

Valkyrie: "Same here. I heard what you did to Lion and that recruit earlier. Are you alright? That knife wound Ela said you were lucky of it missing your heart."

Ahab: "Its complicated. I'll tell it one day. But right now I'm trying to get ready for tomorrow's mission."

Ela: "I heard that you are missing one thing. What would that be."

Ahab sighed because he knew that the two will laugh when he says it but it really helps out a lot when infiltrating.

Ahab: "A cardboard box."