08

"she's waking up!" someone yells from your bedside, light flooding your vision. you open your mouth to ask a question, but the moment you attempt to speak, a pain shoots through your neck.

"i'd suggest you try not to speak for the next few days. that wound cut deep enough to injure your vocal cords, though it was not severe enough to cause permanent damage." a doctor who stands at the foot of your hospital bed informs, you just give him a thumbs up and he leaves.

when your mind fully comes to, you feel the warmth of two hands engulfing yours. looking from your left to your right, you see mikey on your left, and kazutora on your right. behind kazutora is hanma and the haitanis are by the door.

"y/n! i'm so happy you're okay!" kazutora leans over the bed and pulls you into a hug, but you are almost immediately pulled away by mikey.

"i told you to keep your hands off of her." he growls, making you cringe inwardly. you really want to tell them to stop but you can't, thankfully, someone does it for you.

"you guys are annoying her, stop bickering." rindou states, walking away from the door and towards you, ran right behind him, "how the hell did you not know you got cut?"

you only shrug in response.

"anyway, the doctor said you can leave today. also, no solid foods too." rindou says, slightly irritated but he won't bother you any further, "so let's go." he nods towards the door, stuffing his hands into his pocket.

"she is not going home with you guys." kazutora is quick to stop them.

"she's coming home with me!" mikey shouts, standing from his seat. the boys start to bicker amongst each other, and the other person in the room had been so quiet you had forgotten he was there.

"she can come home with me-"

"NO." they all deny his suggestion before turning back to each other. you look behind you to where hanma is still standing, not moving ever since you woke up.

"i'm only here 'cause i followed kazutora." he says after noticing your gaze on him. you just nod slightly and you turn back to the group. mikey looks too proud of himself, it's kind of scaring you.

"you're coming home with me!" he shouts, a big grin on his face. the other three look very down, making you laugh slightly, but you agree anyway. it's not like you didn't live with mikey when you were younger.

after waving goodbye to the others and changing into some clean clothes, you finally walk out of the hospital, freezing when you see who is waiting. draken is sitting on his bike, waiting.

"don't worry, i've made him swear to not say anything about you anymore, isn't that right, ken?" mikey doesn't use a nickname when addressing draken, and you're honestly scared for him. mikey sits on his back, patting the seat behind him, signaling for you to get on.

as much as you hate riding on bikes, you don't say anything – you can't say anything. literally.

you sit behind him and wrap your arms around his torso, just so you don't fall off. once you are situated, he takes off, draken right behind him.

you can feel draken glaring at him all the way to the sano residence, even as you three walk in. walk into a house full of toman members. you're tempted to turn around and walk back out, but in the middle of them all is your brother.

why do you have a gut feeling something about your situation is his fault? he even looks guilty.

"why is she here?" emma, mikey's sister, asks. mikey doesn't answer, bringing you to the middle of the group. you want to literally disappear, this is so embarrassing.

"i'll ask you one time. why have you been treating y/n the way you have been?" he questions, glaring at all his friends and even his sister. everyone finally starts to go off about why they hate you.

"she bullied a kid into suicide!"

"she uses boys for her own pleasure then throws them away!"

"she steals!"

"bro, she manipulates people into being her friend-"

"she's a fugitive!"

none of these things are true. they're all lies. someone clears their throat to stop the yelling, and everyone looks at kisaki, who is staring at the floor.

"before you make a big mistake, i want to admit that none of those things are true." kisaki admits, shocking you, what the fuck made him feel sorry.

"how would you know that?" baji shouts at him, having to be held back by a few of the toman members.

"those are all rumors i spread about y/n when we were younger. because i hated having her as my sister. you've all been hating her for no reason."

that's the moment you burst into tears. not sad tears. tears of fucking rage. you lunge at him with your fist clenched. you're going to kill this fucker no matter if he's your brother or not.

UNEDITED.

a/n: i might literally cry because of all the attention this is getting, plus y'all's comments are so funny to read-

anyway, be honest, how many of y'all came from tiktok?