Chapter One: Fire and Oil

You grit your teeth and keep glaring at the blond boy. He smirks back keeping his low stance.
"Come on y/n you started this. Don't back down now."
"Keep talking pretty boy. We both know you're all bark no bite."
He bares his teeth and starts shouting.
"YOU WANNA SEE ME BITE! FINE!"
He lunges at you popping off his explosions to swing around to the back. You flip around and manage to grab his shirt, throwing him a few feet away.
"Awe poor puppy."
Before you can blink he's in your face. He grabs your arm and trips you. Slaming you into the ground, arm pinned behind your back. He leans in and growls.
"So inferior."
You pick up your head, getting him in the face. He grunts and digs his knee in your back.
"Quit, or I'll blow your ass up."
"Bite me bitch."
His weight lifts off of you, replaced with the texture of cloth wrapping around your arms. You get yanked to your feet and come face to face with Aizawa.
"L/N, why am I not surprised."
"Sensei I have a good explanation."
"Save it, after-school detention."
He turns his head to Bakugou who's vibrating with rage. Aizawa has him wrapped up in his scarf, his mouth tightly covered.
"You as well."
Bakugou's muffled yells increase as he glares into your soul. Aizawa pulls you two closer and knocks your heads into one another. You both grunt, your e/c eyes meeting his enraged red ones. Aizawa releases you away from Bakugou.
"If I catch you guys fighting again you'll both be suspended."
          You sit up rubbing your head where a small bump was forming. You look over at Bakugou who was glaring daggers into the back of Aizawa's head.
"Dumbass."
He snaps his head at you and barks back.
"WHAT DID YOU SAY!"
"I. Said. Dumb. Ass."
You stand up dusting your clothes off, looking down at Bakugou. Blood dripping from his nose to his chin. You smirk at him and speak in a sassy tone.
"If you can't hold your own against me without your quirk."
You lean in deciding to take the risk that he'll lash out.
"Then maybe you're the extra."
He was almost emitting steam from his ears. He growls and gets up turning his back and shoving his hands in his pockets, storming off. You smirk and head to the dorms to take a nap.
"Y/N! Hey y/n wait up."
You look lazily over your shoulder and see Ashido jogging up to you.
"Sup Ashido."
"Please just call me Mina."
"What do you want?"
"Jirou-kun and I are heading to the mall, wanna come?"
"No."
"Awe come on."
She pouts as she keeps up with you. You side-eye her and pick up the pace. She jumps in front of you, arms open cutting you off.
"Where's your sense of adventure?"
"Huh?"
"You never leave campus."
You shrug your shoulders and walk around her.
"I've got better things to do."
"Like picking fights with Baku-kun?"
You flash a mischievous grin at her.
"Somone's gotta knock him off his high horse."
"Or maybe you like him."
You scoff and shoot her a dangerous look. She smiles cheekily back.
"Please consider coming."
She waves and jogs off, headed who cares where. Watching Ashido's back grow smaller in the distance. What she said was resonating with you.
Like him, don't make me laugh.

          Aizawa taps his finger irritatedly on his desk. His tired eyes glared Bakugou and you down like pieces of meat.

"Until you two learn to get along, you'll be assigned to work together."

"WHAT!"

You both shout at the same time, you snap your head at Bakugou who was giving the same icy glare. You look at Aizawa holding your temper back and speaking calmly.

"Sensei this is totally unnecessary."

"Silence. The fact that Bakugou and Midoriya get along better than the two of you is causing a huge problem."

"I'm just messing around. Didn't mean anything by it."

"Then prove it and get along."

"You think I'm going to work with y/n!?"

You snap your head at Bakugou and slap the back of his head.

"Shut up, you got us into this."

"ME! YOU STARTED PICKING FIGHTS!"

"Maybe you should stop looking down your nose at everyone. You wanna test me, I'll test you right back!"

You scoff and wave your hand at Bakugou. He growls, shutting his mouth, and looks back at Aizawa. Aizawa groans and drops his head down on his desk. He mumbles from under his arms.

"Figure it out, or you're out. Now get back to the dorms and stay there."

You turn on your heels and fight Bakugou to leave homeroom first. You elbow him in the ribs as he shoves your head away from the door. You manage to push through his attempt and start slinking down the hallway. You look behind you snickering at the grimacing blond-haired boy.

"I win."

"Shut up."

He growls as he walks down the hall as far away as he can. You side-eye him noticing a small smirk on his face. You snicker and book it down the hall beating him to the dorms.

          You enter the dorm first, truth be told you didn't want to show up at the same time as Bakugou. You hated how everyone side-eyed you when they caught the two of you calmly existing around one another.

          You enter the common room and everyone's eyes land on you. A heaviness weighs in the air as their eyes follow you to the couch.

"What?"

You ask dully as you plop on the couch next to Ashido. Everyone goes back to what they were doing. Denki walks up to you snickering.

"You get in trouble again huh?"

"Yeah."

You cross your arms and look out the window

"You should try getting along with him. Maybe hang out with Midoriya and get some pointers."

Your eyes wander back to Denki dully. He laughs nervously and flashes his toothy grin.

"You guys are like fire and oil."

"I'd stop while you're ahead before I short-wire you again."

"Just saying."

You scoff and stand up.

"Wanna train?"

A familiar agitated voice cuts the conversation to bits.

"That won't be happening."

You groan and look at Sensei dully, huffing out.

"As of now Bakugou and l/n are working together. Don't help them and they need to be together when working with others."

Ashido snickers quietly, receiving an agitated look from you. She looks away clearly still grinning and plays with her hair. You close your eyes and take a deep breath before opening them again. Guess it's time to swallow your pride and try to work with him. Ever since you got transferred to this school, one person has managed to get under your skin worse than anyone else. Katsuki Bakugou, that pompous ass looking down on you like everyone else has your whole life clearly touched a nerve. You've kept your distance from everyone for one simple reason Why let people in when they'll only judge you and let you down? The only student who managed to get close was Denki. You both share electricity quirks so he's always fun to train with. Plus, he seems to be a safe bet for a friend. You snap back to reality and clear your throat catching the attention of the room.

"Sensei, may I please go to the training grounds."

"As long as Bakugou goes with you."

You bite your tongue holding back the snide comments, and put on the fakest smile of your life.

"Fine by me."

"As if!"

Bakugou pipes up refusing to stay quiet. You snap your head at him a dangerous smile sliding over your face.
"You scared?"
He scoffed, leaning against the wall looking disinterested. You snicker and walk across the room heading to the door. You catch Denki's eye and give a small smile making sure only he saw it. You walk past Bakugou who keeps his staring contest with the wall. You whisper out softly so only he hears.

"Loser." 

His eye twitches and he pops off causing the class to groan.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"Follow me and find out."

He stomps after you angrily, huffing the entire time. A playful smile slides over your face as he screams at you.