Chapter Twenty-seven: Reminder

***I try harder than I feel I should for the pictures for my chapters (facepalm). Aka this one took 20 minutes to find.***

          You walk back into the house feeling a weight lift off of your shoulders. Even though you were talking to their shrine, it was nice telling them everything you couldn't say before. You wondered if they could hear you when you spoke to them. Maybe they are watching over you from somewhere else. Or perhaps they have always known you would turn out just fine. You let out a soft sigh and go to the couch. Katsuki stands in the doorway looking over at you. He cocks his head to the side smirking as he watches you. He walks over to the couch flopping on top of you.

"Ack Katsuki get off me."

He chuckles softly as he moves to the side pulling you into his chest. You huff out irritably as he keeps you firmly in his arms.

"Shut up and let me hold you, dumbass."

You feel the corners of your mouth tug up as his husky voice fills your head. You nuzzle his neck as his warmth fills you up. Katsuki rests his chin on yours as his hands caress your back softly.

"Katsuki?"

"Hm?"

He hums softly as his body slowly starts to relax against yours.

"Thank you, for coming."

"Hmhm."

You pull away looking at him as he slowly opens his eyes. He looks into your e/c eyes through tired squinted eyes. You flash a small grin as your fingertips brush over his cheek. Katsuki smirks at you before leaning in and pressing his lips to yours gently.  He pulls away slightly before pushing you up into a sitting position. He ruffles your hair before getting up, causing you to glare at him.

"I'm not a damn cat."

He snickers softly before talking over his shoulder.

"Get out of those depressing clothes. We have somewhere to be."

"Huh?"

He smirks and disappears through the doorway. You roll your eyes and get up walking over to your bags. You dig through the outfits you brought and pick out (fav out and about outfit). Katsuki comes down the stairs in a whole new outfit. You cock your head, trailing your eyes over his clothes slowly.

"Where are we going?"

He smirks and walks into the kitchen as he speaks.

"It's a surprise, just make sure you can get those clothes dirty."

You narrow your eyes as you clutch the clothes to your chest aggressively. You walk into the bathroom put your outfit on and check your hair in the mirror. You huff quietly before heading out of the bathroom and putting your other clothes back in the bag.

           Katsuki is waiting by the front door for you. His eyes follow your slow movements curiously.

"Come on dumbass it's going to take a while to get where we are going."

You narrow your eyes at him as you approach, swiping your shoes off the floor. He smirks at you before taking your hand as you finish putting your shoes on. He walks out of the house nearly dragging you along down the road. You grumble softly under your breath and walk beside him smirking as you try to step ahead of him. He side-eyes you, his face flashing excitement as you attempt to irritate him.

          You step off of the bus looking up at the hills in front of you. You look at Katsuki curiously as a small grin crawls over your lips.

"Are we going to the top?"

He nods as he starts towards the first path leading to the huge hill. You walk behind him bouncing along excitedly. It had been so long since you'd stepped foot in nature you almost forgot how amazing it was. You'd forgotten a lot of things since your parents passed away. Yet this infuriating blond-haired boy had managed to help you remember how amazing this world really can be. You smile softly as you walk beside Katsuki down the well-walked dirt path. You look up at the trees taking in the sound of the birds, cicadas, and wind in the trees. Katsuki walks quietly beside you, hands stuffed in his pockets. Your eyes scan the forest taking in the beautiful peaceful view and trying to imprint the moment in your head. You look over at Katsuki who was simply looking forward. He stops and pulls some of the shrubberies to the side, exposing a small lightly traveled path.

"This way."

You follow behind Katsuki as he leads you up the side of the hill through the thick foliage. A few minutes later the trail opens up to a flat spot overlooking the city below. You gasp softly as your eyes scan the horizon.

"I found this place when I was a kid. I'd come out here when I needed to get away for a while."

You look over at Katsuki curiously. You smile softly as you take his hand; causing him to look over at you.

"It's amazing."

He clicks his tongue softly before sitting down, pulling you down with him. He leans back on his hands looking out at the city.

"I'm....sorry, about your parents. I know it's been hard on you, but you don't need to pretend that everything is fine ya know? I'll be here, and if I'm not, I'll come when you call."

You feel the air escape your lungs as you fail to breathe. He always manages to catch you off guard with his random mood swings. Yet you also felt your heart nearly melt at his words. You look back over the city taking a moment before speaking.

"Thank you Katsuki, for everything."

You keep your eyes forward refusing to look at him. He puts his hand on yours as he looks up at the sky. He whispers softly to you as he studies the clouds.

"I should be saying that to you."

You smirk softly as you tear your eyes off the city to his face.

"Then say it."

His cheeks slowly turn red as he narrows his eyes.

"Thanks."

He mumbles softly refusing to take his eyes off the sky. You giggle softly before looking up at the sky.

"Yeah, I guess I am pretty awesome."

He chuckles softly before finally looking over at you.

"Not as awesome as me."

          You both sit in silence taking in the view and each other's company. Watching the sun slowly sink below the horizon, pulling a blanket of stars over the sky as it says goodnight.

***Okay so normally I try to stick to the realm of realism, but I couldn't figure out anything about the geographics of the area Katsuki takes you. Soooo welp it's a random mountain that totally doesn't exist XD.***