CHAPTER 9

You stand still with Mikey's hand still pinching your cheek. At that moment you just want to disappear from embarrassment and never come back.

"E-eh? Y/N?" You hear Takemichi asked from behind with Hinata also peeking.

"Oh? You don't know? Yesterday we caught this girl watching Kiyomasa beating you up, so she decided to record the fight and wanted to report it to the authorities" Draken explained.

Takemichi hearing this was shocked
'So that's why they were looking for you'

But then Mikey chuckles "It's okay though we already deleted the video so you don't have to be embarrassed about you getting beaten up Takemitchy" he beamed

Takemichi just sweat dropped and Hinata stare at you curiously 'Y/N? Ah she's the one who tripped and fell last week at the school hallway'

Mikey then finally releases his grip on your cheek and starts to walk away to the entrance, and you can finally breathe from relief.

"Like I said before, I would never hit a girl Takemitchy so don't worry about it" he muses

Draken then proceed to grip Takemitchy shoulder and say something you couldn't hear, you're still standing there awkwardly rubbing the pinch mark on your cheek.

"Uh Mikey" You call out to him and he turns his head towards you, he hummed.

'Well this is awkward'

"I-Uh I'm sorry for yelling at you just now" You apologize to him with your head slightly bows at him.

'Well even though it was a misunderstanding I still felt like I need to apologize to him for yelling out of nowhere'

"Hey don't mention it, you're also my buddy alright so it's okay. Knowing you though Y/N-chin I'm not even surprised, you're braver than I thought" Mikey muses

Hearing that made me feel something inside. 'Me? Brave? Nah I'm just a coward and a loner who just so happens never minding their own business though' Even with that negative feelings it somehow made me smile a little bit at him.

"Uh right, thanks I guess" I reply back while rubbing my palm a little bit. Ah this is embarrasing.

"Although if you're really sorry about it then how about bring me more dorayaki like yesterday!" Mikey says childishly with eyes sparkling.

"O-oh yeah, okay sure" I reply back nervously.

Y/N's POV

Ah even though I never agree with it but might as well please him as much as I can so I don't get killed.

"I know I'm just a stranger and it's probably weird hearing all of this from me, please just be careful around them , they're one of the more violent gangs around here even they have the invincible Mikey on their side. I know all of this is weird and yeah I'm sorry I shouldn't have grasped your shoulder and blurting out such nonsense like that but please just be careful around them"

Ataushi literally told me that yesterday, but here I am still involving myself with them and even embarrassed myself in the process.

We then walked outside the school building with Hinata's apologizing about the situation to Mikey, which he accepts.

"Oh by the way Y/N-chin, you don't want to come and play with us?" Mikey asked

"Absolutely no- I mean, how about next time..?" I answered nervously

"Oh...Too bad, ah well next time okay! And don't forget about my dorayaki" Mikey continues

I only nod hoping they'll be on their way quickly, and it did thankfully. Letting out a sigh I walked back inside the school to return to my class before I felt a hand grabbing my wrist making me turn around. It was Hinata.

"Y/N right? I- Thank you so much for earlier" Hinata says while clasping both of my palms together.

Seeing her action and hearing her words made me blush a little bit like I-

"O-oh it w-was nothing, I didn't do anything" I said stuttering face palming myself in my head

'NO STOP BEING NERVOUS AND TALK PROPERLY LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING YOU STUPID GIRL'

"Uh-uh you were awesome Y/N for defending us, Draken also told us that yesterday you were trying to help Takemichi right? I really appreciate it" She smiles at me

"Ah no it was nothing really, I didn't even do anything yesterday and you're awesome too Hinata!" I replied back with less stuttering now

"But still, thank you for standing up for us most students are not even brave to yell at Mikey like that!"

'Honestly I was scared too you know, I was shaking from my feet the whole time'

"Hey how about we share our phone numbers to each other? I would love to have a chat with you. You're a kind person and let's get to know each other more" Says Hinata with her signature warm closed-eyed smile.

*Demonic screeching*