Chapter 35

"Lucy, Katies here to see you!" Sophie called from downstairs, I didn't reply, I threw my pillow over my head and screamed. Trying to get my anger out, It was 5:22 pm, and I did not want to see Katie, I thought she'd be busy as shes moving into her new house with the kids this week... So why is she here?

"Hey" I felt a lump form on my bed and didn't respond, "why wernt you in lesson?" She kind of shook me a little forming goosebumps up my arms, I removed my pillow and sat up, Katie looked at me. Her eyes full of worry and dread.

"I saw Mrs Rose today?" I said blankly.

"Following you?" She asked concerned, and lent into embrace me.

"Cut the crap Katie!" I said, backing away from her. I saw her eyes sweat, and her body stiffend,

"Lucy I... I"

"Lied?" I cut her of and stood up sharply making her flinch in the same way Mrs Rose did earlier that day but this time it felt different. This time I didn't care. "Mrs Rose wasn't even in on Monday"

"I'm sorry Lucy!" She stood and grabbed my hand in an attempt to pull me back but it didn't work. I yanked myself away from her and paced the room

"Why? Why? Tell me one good reason why you would lie about that?"

"Lucy! Youre Sixteen!" She shouted at me.

"You only just realized?" I replied sarcastically.

"You need to concentrate on GCSEs not me! You need to work the hardest you can with no distractions, we need a break Lucy! You're not fucking your life up for me!"

"My life was fucked up before you! You fixed it you idiot! Have you not noticed! I was a good student, yes, but I was failing in every other department! I finally felt like someone with you, I was good! My life was brilliant!" I felt the tears rolling down my face, It was true, yes I had A stars, but I had no friends apart from the ones that don't want to know me any more, no motivations, I didn't want to go back into that hole of depression that I only survived from last year! No one knew about that period of my life, but it wasn't nice, and Katie helped me survive.

"Was? Felt? Was? That's past tense" I felt my self turn my back to her as she said the words, we had been together nearly five months, I didn't want it to ever end.

I felt katies presence come towards me as a hand placed on my forearm, a slight pressure attempted to pull me back, but I didn't let it, my arm slowly lifted out of katies grasp and flew behind me, as it does when you shove off a hand, I felt it collide and awaited the pain to shoot through my arm, however it continued to move, right back to my side, at that moment I heard a thud, and objects fall off of the bed side table, My heart raced I knew something had happened! But what? I turned around to a shocking sight... I stood there, shocked, but unphased about what had just happened, I picked up katies leather jacket from the bed and threw it to the ground, "Go... I can't Bare to look at you anymore" I whispered, Her face stained with tears, and the right side of her face beamed red, she was shocked. Shaken. And surrounded in my bedside table, she couldnt say anything, and neither could I, my hands trembeld with fear, she stood quietly and began to pick up my precious items, "Go!" I screamed, to be met with the sound of a door shutting. I ran into my EnSuite and fiddled with the compartments we all knew to well, I held the blade in my hand, It poised itself delicately on my skin tugging slightly, I cried, sobbed realised what was happening the sensible Lucy came out of me and I threw the razor into the sink, It bounced off of the surface and landed on the floor. Mimicking me, my head fell into my knees, my hand throbbing though pressure, worry and guilt...

We are over...

I hit her...