Chapter 6

(Sonic's Pov)

Thanks to my speed I was the best in my Sport class, so I didn't have to do a lot of work. Surprisingly there was a lot of girls there, one of them was Amy's roommate. I think her name was Blaze, so naturally I walked up to her when she was sitting on the benches.

I sat down beside her, she is trying to be a gymnast from what I saw. She seems very good with all the jumping and backflips things. I start a small chat introducing myself as Amy's boyfriend. She seems like a alright cat to chat to.

After a while she was called to do more practice so I went back to my spot, I ran circles trying to be faster and faster. I had to be careful to not run faster than the speed of sound or a car, I can't really be showing my powers off.

No one but my closest friends and family know about my powers, as having powers makes us different and therefore hated. I know Amy can summon a hammer, my sister has ice powers, Shadow can use a chaos emerald along with Ariana but she has her own powers aside from that.

I never used a chaos emerald but I know what power they posses. Apparently when you collect all seven, something will happen but no one ever managed to collect all seven. So it looks like we will never know.

As I run around the track making sure I don't get carried away and go to fast, one of the girls who is also a runner starts running beside me. She takes her earphones out and we talk, she turns out to be great company and we decided to meet up after class. As long as her other friend could also join, to which I didn't mind.

After the classes are done, I meet up by the track field. We head for the cafe thats located on the campus.

(Amy's Pov)

Sonic was meant to meet up with me by the fountain, right after his Sport class was finished. I was waiting for good ten minutes before I saw Blaze walk up. She told me that Sonic already left, so he should be here by now.

I was getting worried that he forgot, but if that is the case I won't be sitting around waiting for him. I stand up and walk around the fountain and decide to go to the cafe by myself.

As I walk to the cafe, I see Sonic go inside with two girls I never saw before. I wouldn't mind him hanging out with them, but we were meant to go on a small date right now! I can't believe he would do such a thing to me.

Tears fill my eyes, I wipe them off and start running. The tears fall down my cheeks, no matter how hard I tried to stop them they kept falling. I feel myself trip over something, just after I thought I would fall someone caught me.

I wipe my eyes and look at the person who helps me stand again, its Scourge. I look at him confused, why did he help me? I don't understand. I say a quiet "Thank You" and he nods his head.

He changed, he is different. Maybe that time when he came to my apartment that's what he wanted to tell me, but I guess Sonic ticked him off. Sonic can get very mean beside Scourge, and Sonic is a really nice guy.

I don't know why but when Scourge offered for us to sit down and for me to tell him what happened, I agreed without hesitation. I sit down beside him and tell him what happened, surprisingly he gave me some good advice that maybe Sonic didn't see it as a date. That he may of saw it as a hang out and decided to change it so he can be nice to the new friends he is trying to make. I give Scourge a hug and thank him once again.

I am surprised how helpful Scourge was and that he didn't try anything or make Sonic look like a bad guy.