Chapter 7

(Amy's Pov)

The next day I talked about the "date" with Sonic. Turns out he did see it as a hang out and that he wanted to call me but only reached my voicemail. I guess Scourge was right.

"Want to hang out today?" Sonic asks me. I shake my head, telling him I have plans. But in reality I don't, I need to give someone a second chance. I know Sonic would be mad if I told him this so I decided to keep it quiet for now.

I walk to Sonic's apartment, well aware he will be with Tails at the arcade in the mall. As I reach the room he shares with Scourge, I build up my courage to knock on the door. After a short while, the green hedgehog with his leather jacket and no shirt opens the door. He looks at me, most likely thinking I came here for Sonic. 

"If you're looking for the blue quills, he isn't here" he states. 

"I know, I came here to talk to you" as soon as I said that, his eyes have widen a bit. He was clearly surprised at what I said. He thinks for a minute and moves aside, holding the door open. "Well then, come in"

I slowly walked inside, hearing the door close behind me. I walk over to the couch and sit down, my hands go on my knees. I look over at Scourge and I surely feel weird, he sits on the coffee table in front of me.  Silence falls upon us, I don't know any more why I came here. I am really giving him a second chance? After all he did say him dating me was never real, he never actually loved me. Can someone really change like that?

"What do you want to talk about?" his voice made my thoughts stop. I look at him not sure what of what I should say.

"About yesterday. You know... I really didn't expect you to behave like that... Especially after what happened in High School." I finally say, I wanted to let him know I was confused by all of that. He was so nice to me all of a sudden. He didn't try to have Sonic look like a bad guy, and they hate each others guts.

"Oh yeah. That" he says, like he doesn't seem to remember that before I mentioned it. I'm scared this is all an act, but then again what if its not? I stay silent and he just looks me straight in the eyes and says, "Well people change, like that Shadow guy you hang out with"

He was right about that, him and us weren't on the best terms. He was cold and he avoided us, but once I made friends with Ariana... We all realized he isn't that bad, he did change his way with us. Maybe Scourge saw what he did was wrong and changed his ways.

"Yeah... people do change. I want to give you a second chance, as friends?" I say, my voice more quiet than before but I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I see him looking at me and crack a smile, the smile he showed me when I first met him.

"Alright" with that we shook our hands, me and Scourge are friends after all that happened. Now this is something I never thought would actually happen.

I stay behind for a while and we talk, it was a normal talk I would have with anyone. It didn't seem so weird as I thought it would be. After an hour or so, I left the apartment. With a smile across with my face, I was slowly walking to my apartment when I ran into Sonic.

"Hey Ames, where were ya?" he asked, I couldn't tell him the truth. He wouldn't understand just like when he didn't understand when I started going out with Scourge but then he was right about him. And what if he would be wrong about him this time?

"I was just walking around, went by your apartment to see if you came back yet. But I just remembered I have some homework to do so we can talk later" He nods to my response and ruffles my hair before walking away. I smile to myself, but my smile turns to a frown very quickly as I feel terrible about lying.

I sigh softly before I keep walking to my apartment. I hope Scourge doesn't say what actually happened. But if he does then I will know he didn't actually changed but is just acting it.

Sorry guys for not updating for ages! I had a writers block. I had the idea I just couldn't put it into words. It gets really hard after a longer while as I want my work to be the best I can achieve so you guys won't be getting mad at me for it not being good and for having mistakes here and there.