Prologue | "It all started with a girl..."

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

❝𝖨𝖳 𝖠𝖫𝖫 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖣 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 𝖠 𝖦𝖨𝖱𝖫

❝𝖨𝖳 𝖠𝖫𝖫 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖣 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 𝖠 𝖦𝖨𝖱𝖫...❞

𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦. That’s how long we’ve been separated, how long since my heart finally had enough and the last piece shattered. My dad, then AJ and finally Clementine. I guess, a part of me was gone, too. I didn’t feel like myself anymore. All I’d done was survive, for this whole time. But what was the point anymore? What was I even living for? She could be… I don’t even want to bring myself to say it. I think that would break me in a way I couldn’t come back from. Not that I was able to come back from the state I was in right now.

I held my cap to my head. My dad’s cap. My face was covered in bruises, scratches, and pain. There was no happiness left there, no matter how hard I’ve tried to look on the bright side, it’s never there. It’s like the clouds have covered the sky, hiding the sun and raining down on me in spiteful water droplets, soaking me through. Yet, still, I carried on.

For some reason, something yearned in the pieces of my shattered, broken pieces of my heart, telling me to keep going, to keep fighting, every day. It took me a while to figure it out, but I know now. It’s her. She’s always with me, giving me hope. Even when I probably don’t deserve it. Clementine. Her voice running in loops in my head, but the sentences always land me back to the promise. The promise I made Lee before he saved her. The last thing he ever asked of me. And I wanted to stand by that promise with everything I had, but without her… without her by my side, I couldn’t live with myself.