♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞♛

(This is now I imagined the uniform incase anyone was wondering)

I bolted out of my bed. No no no no no. This cannot be happening. I grabbed my phone, yanking the charger out of it and realised my nightmare had come true and my first lesson did in fact start in five minutes.

Curse Netflix and there binge worthy shows.

Brushing my hair from my face and frantically rubbing my eyes, I stumbled into the bathroom. I don't think I have ever rushed this much in my life. My mind was cloudy and still half asleep, my eyes felt heavy and of all days this had to happen today.

I could have sworn that I set my alarm.

I shrugged, not having enough time to even process that thought as I quickly washed my face.

Dashing back into my room I grabbed my new uniform which consisted of a plaid skirt, a smart crisp white collar shirt, a dark blue tie and a black blazer.

After getting dressed I quickly brushed my hair, applied some mascara and concealer, and quickly brushed my teeth.

Glancing at my phone I saw that my lesson starts in exactly one minute. I'm never to to make it.

Practically running, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and dashed out of my dorm.

Speed walking through the corridors (I might be late but I'm not going to embarrass myself by falling flat on my face because I was running) I finally managed to locate my English class. I gave myself a metaphorical pat on the back for memorising the way last night.

I skidded to a halt just outside the classroom door so I could quickly run my hands through my hair to make it a little less messy. Glancing at my phone quickly my eyes widened as I realised I was fifteen minutes late.

Taking a breath (mostly because I was out of breath but also partly to calm my nerves) I pushed open the door. Everyone's gaze turned straight to me and the professors cut off his own sentence as he too turned his attention towards me.

"How nice of you to join us Miss Rose." The professor spoke in a bored tone.

"Sorry I'm late professor, I- um, jetlag?" I pathetically lied, obsessively fiddling with my hands, accidentally making the last part sound like a question. 

He looked unfazed. "Yep mhm, please take a seat next to Mr Ledger at the back." He lazily waved his hand gesturing to the back of the class and turned back to the board, continuing his interrupted lesson.

Not wanting to stand up at the front any longer, I nodded and made my way towards the back of the classroom, everyones gaze still on me. I immediately wanted to run back to my dorm when I saw who I had to sit next to.

I did a double take, checking if there were any other spare seats in the classroom...none. Fantastic.

With a heavy sign, I took my seat next to the one and only Xavier Ledger. Yay...

I was hoping to avoid him after I freaked out about him pushing in-front of me in the line yesterday.

Out of the corner of my eye as I opened my textbook to the same page as everyone else, I saw him turn towards me. Oh no.

"So, I guess your the new kid." He kept his voice low so the professor couldn't hear him. I only nodded in response, my eyes glued to the board as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

He leaned forward, crossing his arms on the table.

"Do I get a name?" He asked with a small smile and I finally turned to meet his dazzling blue gaze.