♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞♛

"You there." The librarian snapped, pointing her scrawny finger at me. "Eyes here please." She narrowed her eyes at me, her huge glasses nearly falling off her face.

I couldn't help but stare at the huge library that we were currently standing in. I felt like I was in the Hogwarts library or something. Tall dark oak shelves rose to the ceiling, full to the brim with books of all shapes, sizes and conditions. Stained glass windows lined some of the huge walls, giving the room a majestical glow as dust particles from the books swirled like a galaxy in the light rays. But the librarian has caught me focusing on that instead of her bossy instructions.

She was a small lady, with dark grey hair that was neatly tried into a sleek bun, with huge round glasses and a simple black dress. But boy did I mistake her as a quite polite lady.

Her glare could kill. And right now, I was the culprit. Yay- note the sarcasm.

I almost lunged at the twins when I saw them coughing in a poor attempt to stop laughing at my embarrassing situation.

I even saw Jameson clench his jaw - I don't know how he didn't break his teeth - but I didn't miss the corners of his lips lift.

Xavier, bless him, was a lost cause who openly started laughing, but stopped abruptly as the librarian directed her angry glare to him. Now it was my turn to laugh. Xavier nudged my side and I stopped.

"Is this funny to you?" She whirled and snapped at me, eyes somehow narrowing even more. "Is it funny that you have gotten into trouble? Funny that you are being punished for your bad behaviour? Well, miss Rose, let's hear it." She tapped her foot impatiently, staring directly at me.

Is she being serious? She's acting like I've committed a crime. But if she wants to be rude, I can be rude back.

I folded my arms and deliberately started to tap my chin, as if contemplating my response. The twins cracked a smile and started to laugh. I was just about to reply when Jameson, yes Jameson, cut me off.

"Obviously she doesn't. Unless you consider looking at a library a serious crime, I can always arrange a meeting with the principle-" He threatened, voice low and fed up with her. Her cheeks flushed and her skin paled. Haha. Revenge.

"No, no, your highness. This girl-"

"She has a name."

"Miss Rose, needs to watch her manners-" I raised my brows and scoffed. Jameson acted like he hadn't heard her. I on the other hand stood there, dumbfounded that Jameson just stood up for me. I think my jaw visibly hung open considering Xavier quickly pushed my jaw back into place.

"Careful." He seethed, dangerously low. His eyes shone a dangerous green, his lips curling into a sneer. The librarian simply huffed.

"You four." She addressed us all, lips in a thin line, frowning. "Organise the back shelves. You are not to leave until your are done. I don't care if it takes all night, it will be done." She waved her hands dismissively and shooed us to the back of the library.

The twins and Xavier walked ahead, leaving Jameson and I to trail behind.

"Thank you." I whispered awkwardly. I looked up at him. His green eyes shone with their usual glint.

"It's my apology for snapping at your earlier." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I felt like someone had just smacked me in the face. Did he just apologise?! Wow...

"It's fine, I understand why." I gave him a small smile, still unsure of where we stand. He let out a sign.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I judged you to be the same as them, as in the other girls in this school. But after you talked back to me in the gym, I knew I was mistaken." He stared straight ahead, not seeming to be able to look me in the eyes. "Besides," his eyes sparkled. "Xavier and the twins seem to like you, so that's good enough for me." I wasn't quiet sure what that meant, but I decided not to dwell on it for too long anyway.