♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭♛

I think I'm about to collapse from exhaustion. Climbing those steps- wow I think I have done enough exercise for the rest of the year.

I open the wooden door at the top, desperate to find out what's going on, and also desperate to find a chair. My ears pound as everyone jumps up from where they are and greets me at the door.

I take in the room around me. It's like a hangout. There's a little kitchen to the left and bean bags and lights to the right next to a huge tv.

Snacks are poured all over the small coffee table and neon signs are hung up on the walls. It's so cool!!

"CLARA!" They all shout at me at the same time. I'm about to speak when they all start shouting at once.

"Lord have mercy please sort Xavier out-"

"FOR THE TENTH TIME TOM IM NOT BEING DRAMATIC! CLARA-"

"Yes you are!"

"GRAYSON SHUT UP"

"I think your all acting like children."

"A CHILD? ME?"

"CLARA!!"

I hold my hand up to silence them and magically it works. They all just stare at me, confused. Jamesons in the kitchen, leaning on the counter, Grayson opposite. Tom and Xavier are by the beanbags.

I waltz over to the kitchen and open their fridge. I'm too out of breath to even ask for permission right now. I grab a chilled water out and take a few sips, all eyes still just staring at me. I place the water bottle on the counter and turn to them.

"You could have warned me about climbing a whole MOUNTAIN to get to you," I fold my arms unimpressed and shoot Xavier a glare.

For some reason this seems to break the tension in the room because everyone starts laughing, me included.

"Okay okay" I gasp for breath. "Xavier what's wrong?" I say seriously now. Jameson just scoffs next to me and rolls his eyes to which Tom smacks him round the head. This doesn't go unnoticed by Xavier.

"These guys-" he points to the boys, "think I'm being stupid."

"Okay..." I gesture for him to continue.

"Which is better? Starbucks or costa?" He asks me seriously. Is he kidding me right now? I think my jaw visibly hands open. Tom starts laughing so hard he's clutching the counter for dear life.

"Xavier," I say very calmly, a deathly edge to my voice. "You made me come ALL the way up HERE to ask me if I prefer Starbucks or Costa?!" I slowly start moving out of the kitchen and the horror that flicks through Xavier's eyes-

"Umm, yes?" He states unsure.

"I'm going to kill you!" I lung at him but he dodges and runs to the kitchen.

"Hey! It's an important questi- AHH HELP ME!"

I chase him around their hideout, the rest of the boys laughing.

"Look Clara! We need to know because it's a very important aspect to our friendship-"

"COSTA IS BETTER OKAY!"

Xavier stops dead in his tracks. "What did you just say?"

Oh no, wrong answer Clara...

I also stop dead in my tracks and fiddle with my hands nervously. "Costa is better than Starbucks?" I shrug sheepishly. Grayson, Tom and Jameson both nod their heads at me answer.

"See she gets it."

"Okay that's it you have three seconds to start running because I'm nice." Oh no. I look at the boys, they look at me, and instantly we lunge for the door, Grayson in-front with me, Jameson and Tom behind. We sprint down the stairs.